Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
I can't get my dinosaur experience to play correctly. The Dino images are completely black when moving around, can't make out anything. Any ideas? Thanks

midkay

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
I can't get my dinosaur experience to play correctly. The Dino images are completely black when moving around, can't make out anything. Any ideas? Thanks
I was having this issue too, a reboot (power off then back on) of the headset solved it.

Reactions: Disher

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
I`m losing my love for this device because of the problems of getting my apps to work. My favorite iPad apps work fine on them, but the same apps on Vision Pro won't boot up or freeze. Is it me? The MLB app disappeared and Spectrum cable app won't start. I have to make up my mind soon, keep or return. To expensive to hold on to and hope.

kreasu_

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2022
I`m losing my love for this device because of the problems of getting my apps to work. My favorite iPad apps work fine on them, but the same apps on Vision Pro won't boot up or freeze. Is it me? The MLB app disappeared and Spectrum cable app won't start. I have to make up my mind soon, keep or return. To expensive to hold on to and hope.
It’s not you it’s buggy hold left and right crown buttons to open force quit menu to kill app and reopen to get it back

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007

Sphere360 now as well.

This will be the first app I purchase (assuming I can buy the device on the 21st!).

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Has anyone else tried out The Archive? It’s an app from Roddenberry and Otoy that has a VR bridge room for every ship in Star Trek named Enterprise. It also has Voyager, the Defiant and Deep Space 9. Some other rooms included are 10 Forward, Kirk’s quarters, engine rooms, etc. I think it’s very impressive! It’s totally free at least so far.
You can also show the Enterprise from The Original Series and Next Generation in AR.

The Archive in the App Store

I’d really enjoy hearing from others who have tried it! I’m loving it! 🤓🖖

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
Anyone else sitting here assuming that any day now Apple are at least going to release the standard iWork apps for the AVP, but we will still be sitting here a year from now and they won't have released any of it.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Anyone else sitting here assuming that any day now Apple are at least going to release the standard iWork apps for the AVP, but we will still be sitting here a year from now and they won't have released any of it.
Nah - we've got what we've got right now, if they had anything like that even close to ready it would have been promoted as "coming soon". We'll definitely get things at WWDC in a few months, but Apple isn't going to drop something randomly 3 weeks post launch.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Nah - we've got what we've got right now, if they had anything like that even close to ready it would have been promoted as "coming soon". We'll definitely get things at WWDC in a few months, but Apple isn't going to drop something randomly 3 weeks post launch.

Yep and what we got isn’t good enough. Not even a way to browse apps. It’s simply curated selections by Apple.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Sphere360 now as well.

This will be the first app I purchase (assuming I can buy the device on the 21st!).

Based on this, I bought the app and tried to view some sites. NOT ONE worked. If you find any that work, can you post or possibly send me a message with them? I’ve also sent an email to the developer to see if they have any.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Based on this, I bought the app and tried to view some sites. NOT ONE worked. If you find any that work, can you post or possibly send me a message with them? I’ve also sent an email to the developer to see if they have any.

That’s first one in a long time I asked for a refund on. No offense to dev. Just didn’t work.

Have used moon player. But have to download content which is a pain.

Reactions: OriginalAppleGuy

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
That’s first one in a long time I asked for a refund on. No offense to dev. Just didn’t work.

Have used moon player. But have to download content which is a pain.
But at least it works ....despite that the media seems to want the narrative to be

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
Not having any luck with the Mlb app. Works fine on the iPads and iPhone, but doesn't act the same with the VP. Anyone try it yet?

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Yup - MLB works fine for me. Pretty cool views and love the various options. If it’s not working for you, try either reinstalling it, or “hard reset” your VP. Hold both buttons down until you see the power slider, then wait until it disappears, release buttons and it will restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.