Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Just a bit of a random thought. I find myself regularly checking for app updates and any new apps. It reminds me so much of when the iPhone was new. An update to an app could be a big deal with new features or even a redesign. I’m excited to see where things will go, but I’m definitely impressed with what’s already available. It’s a good time to be a geek. 🤓🖖

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Just a bit of a random thought. I find myself regularly checking for app updates and any new apps. It reminds me so much of when the iPhone was new. An update to an app could be a big deal with new features or even a redesign. I’m excited to see where things will go, but I’m definitely impressed with what’s already available. It’s a good time to be a geek. 🤓🖖

I'm the same way - checking that web page all the time. Looking in the App store for new cool VP apps. Searching for compatibility added to apps not ready for native VP - but that I use on other devices.

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
Any F1 fans out there, you need to try Vroom (currently TestFlight). It does require an f1 TV subscription.

For me, this is probably the best app so far on AVP, just incredible.

Reactions: OriginalAppleGuy

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Any F1 fans out there, you need to try Vroom (currently TestFlight). It does require an f1 TV subscription.

For me, this is probably the best app so far on AVP, just incredible.

MAN - wish I would have seen this before the race - like - you had posted it before the race LOL. Found the TestFlight link in the Dev’s Reddit. Here’s the link in case anyone needs it. SUPER cool this exists as who knows how long it will take F1 to enable the video app:(.

Vroom Vroom!

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Just wanted to post a little plug for my app, AirLauncher. It was built for anyone frustrated with having to constantly setup your workspace every day, jumping between pages and into the compatibility apps section. Instead, just create shortcuts for each app and launch them all from your single dashboard. I made the app name start with an "A" to be listed first intentionally, since it is meant to be the app to launch all your other apps.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Just wanted to post a little plug for my app, AirLauncher. It was built for anyone frustrated with having to constantly setup your workspace every day, jumping between pages and into the compatibility apps section. Instead, just create shortcuts for each app and launch them all from your single dashboard. I made the app name start with an "A" to be listed first intentionally, since it is meant to be the app to launch all your other apps.

This looks pretty cool! Where do you get your list from? I have apps that installed not on the list 😔

Reactions: fatTribble

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Microsoft Remote Desktop Mobile version 10.5.6 (5406), currently in beta finally supports the Vision Pro.
It’s available for download in TestFlight.

1710273742613.jpeg

Last edited:

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Microsoft Remote Desktop Mobile version 10.5.6 (5406), currently in beta finally supports the Vision Pro.
It’s available for download in TestFlight.

View attachment 2358452

Would be great to have the link. I did a search to try to find an invite and got a message the “Beta was full”. This is something I really need.

Edited to add the GitHub link for all beta’s. Could help us all:

Last edited:

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Would be great to have the link. I did a search to try to find an invite and got a message the “Beta was full”. This is something I really need.

Edited to add the GitHub link for all beta’s. Could help us all:

I’m right there with you! I really hope they open it up to more testers or release it soon. I’ve been waiting for this since I got the device. The iPad version of the Jump RDP client works with a trackpad but the trackpad and your eyes can fight for control of the mouse in the system you’ve connected to. The iPad version of the OpenVPN app works great so connecting to the VPN at the office isn’t the main issue and Jump RDP works OK enough for quick things but if it’s a more involved task I’m running upstairs for my MacBook.

If you notice it’s back open again please post back in here. I’ll start checking myself but can only do it in the morning before work (about 7:40 AM Eastern) or when I’m back home from work (between 5:30 PM an 6:30 PM Eastern depending on what I’ve got going that day) Monday through Friday. If I notice it’s opened back up I’ll do the same.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
If you like airplanes, check out Voyager, and pick a busy airport. Pretty cool to watch takeoffs and landings.
Another plug for Voyager. I installed it last night and see that I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this app. It shows the airport you've chosen and the surrounding area on a round platter that you can move. You can look straight down if you bring it close, or you can get up and walk around it. Arriving and departing aircraft are rendered in blue, with blue trails. Tap on an airplane to see a mini HUD with airspeed, altitude, type, origin, and destination. I also like the way the app lets you choose from multiple ATC feeds from liveatc.net.

Reactions: fatTribble

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I’m right there with you! I really hope they open it up to more testers or release it soon. I’ve been waiting for this since I got the device. The iPad version of the Jump RDP client works with a trackpad but the trackpad and your eyes can fight for control of the mouse in the system you’ve connected to. The iPad version of the OpenVPN app works great so connecting to the VPN at the office isn’t the main issue and Jump RDP works OK enough for quick things but if it’s a more involved task I’m running upstairs for my MacBook.

If you notice it’s back open again please post back in here. I’ll start checking myself but can only do it in the morning before work (about 7:40 AM Eastern) or when I’m back home from work (between 5:30 PM an 6:30 PM Eastern depending on what I’ve got going that day) Monday through Friday. If I notice it’s opened back up I’ll do the same.

On a whim I just checked and the beta is open again. I already had TestFlight installed, followed the link given above and was able to download it!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kemba11

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2024
I noticed that the Paramount+ App is now a native Vision Pro App. Not sure if I missed it earlier.

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Somehow Apple says I bought the Things app for Apple Vision Pro for over $30 which I returned within the 2 week window (keep in mind I've already paid over $100 for the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS versions, since unlike any other vendor, they actually charge for cross-platform apps) and I know I didn't.

Total BS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.