Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I've installed 8.0.0-594 and I'm I don't see the point as of yet. I can't interact with notifications as well as I can in the standard iOS8 notification screen.

Gotta agree. In the previous versions, there were headers for "Phone" and "Messages" but can be seen now in the Notifications screen only. I would like to see them on the same screen.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I am new to the iPhone and JB'ing I indtalled this and it looks cool showing live weather effects and forecast from my weather app.

But I do I agree not being able to directly handle missed calls or texts does suck.

What alternative is out there to show my weather forecast and calendar events on the lock screen while still being able to interact with calls and texts

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I am new to the iPhone and JB'ing I indtalled this and it looks cool showing live weather effects and forecast from my weather app.

But I do I agree not being able to directly handle missed calls or texts does suck.

What alternative is out there to show my weather forecast and calendar events on the lock screen while still being able to interact with calls and texts

Have you tried Forecast?

jt999

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
LockInfo 8 beta released

Gotta agree. In the previous versions, there were headers for "Phone" and "Messages" but can be seen now in the Notifications screen only. I would like to see them on the same screen.

The dev said somewhere that he purposely put them on the notification screen only because people complained the screen was too "cluttered." I think we should at least have the option. I would like everything, including notifications, on one screen.

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
As I expected the dev has fixed handling of notifications on the lockscreen with 8.0.0-595. You can now preview mail items...so I'm back in.

Also, isn't it true that LI8 (like LI7) gives you the option of whether or not to wake the device, per app, when a notification comes in? It's definitely a battery saving feature.

I suppose it'd be better if it were more configurable but it's getting pretty good. Widgets are just a swipe away if you have active notifications, and they're showing on the lockscreen if you don't...along with a smaller clock and forecast.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Forecast app will show up on my lock screen without running LockInfo 8 ?
Yes, it shows up without LockInfo 8. I can use Forecast with or without live weather for my lock screen but you can't use your own wallpaper for live weather. I also like to use Weatherboard when I want live weather, because I like to use my own wallpaper. It shows live weather on your lockscreen, your homescreen or both. I set my notifications as alerts to show on lockscreen if I want to see them there, but it turns on your screen if you do that. Which kind of defeats the purpose. Here's a video about Weatherboard. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/1...r-effects-to-the-home-screen-and-lock-screen/

Last edited:

loyalist

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
As I expected the dev has fixed handling of notifications on the lockscreen with 8.0.0-595. You can now preview mail items...so I'm back in.

I downloaded this version and mail items still appear in notifications screen. I don't even see an option to add Mail as a header. So yeah, Mail, Phone and Messages needed to be added as an option for headers like the previous versions.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Yes, it shows up without LockInfo 8. I can use Forecast with or without live weather for my lock screen but you can't use your own wallpaper for live weather. I also like to use Weatherboard when I want live weather, because I like to use my own wallpaper. It shows live weather on your lockscreen, your homescreen or both. I set my notifications as alerts and to show on lockscreen if I want to see them there. Here's a video about Weatherboard. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/1...r-effects-to-the-home-screen-and-lock-screen/

Ok I uninstalled Lockinfo, and Respring'd, now I don't see Forecast+ on the lock screen anymore. Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable ?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Forecast settings are in your settings app. Go there to set your settings and respring.

Thanks, but still no go. I am using the app ' Forecast+' from the app store, and when I click the app itself, and go to settings it just has the option "Always Show Forecast" which I have enabled. Other than that, don't see any other settings to keep it on the lock screen ?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
Thanks, but still no go. I am using the app ' Forecast+' from the app store, and when I click the app itself, and go to settings it just has the option "Always Show Forecast" which I have enabled. Other than that, don't see any other settings to keep it on the lock screen ?

You need forecast from Cydia, by the same dev as LockInfo

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
You need forecast from Cydia, by the same dev as LockInfo

I just bought "Forecast" from Cydia for .99. I enabled it, and it just shows a little current temp thing in the bottom left corner, and won't let me customize the wallpaper, just uses their default blue wallpaper on the lockscreen.

I was really liking LockInfo 8, the way it shows my paid app from the official App store, called ' Forecast+ ', that would show the true 5 day forecast on the lockscreen, and still allow me to set my own wallpaper. But I didn't really like LockInfo other than that, and was just looking to go back to the stock lock screen, but also see a 5 day forecast on the default lock screen. Is that even possible ?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I just bought "Forecast" from Cydia for .99. I enabled it, and it just shows a little current temp thing in the bottom left corner, and won't let me customize the wallpaper, just uses their default blue wallpaper on the lockscreen.

I was really liking LockInfo 8, the way it shows my paid app from the official App store, called ' Forecast+ ', that would show the true 5 day forecast on the lockscreen, and still allow me to set my own wallpaper. But I didn't really like LockInfo other than that, and was just looking to go back to the stock lock screen, but also see a 5 day forecast on the default lock screen. Is that even possible ?

You can see the 5 day forecast by swiping to the left. Set "Show Forecast Page". You can scroll the today hourly by rolling it to the left. You can change it to "with clock" or "bottom left". You can set your own wallpaper with "overlay on" but not for the live weather.

Attachments

• IMG_0514.png
    IMG_0514.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4430.png
    IMG_4430.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7590.png
    IMG_7590.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
LockInfo8 Official Release

The developer has released version 8.0.0-979 as his official release. There's a 14 day trial.

If you haven't tried it in the last few beta releases there are now "Today" widgets for just about everything. So...if you set Settings>LockInfo>LOCK SCREEN>Missed Notifications to "Disabled" your lock screen notifications end up looking like LockInfo 7 for the most part. The other setting for what this will look like is Settings>LockInfo>TODAY VIEW>Notifications. I have that set to "Manual".

Another nice feature this time is showing 0-3 events under the Calendar Agenda header even when it's collapsed.

One thing that I've observed (and I'm not sure if it's LockInfo8 causing it) is that my "Mail (Notifications)" keeps moving itself to the bottom of the list. Not sure what causes this to happen as it just does after a few days. Has anyone else seen this?

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I love this tweak. When the trial ran out I realized how much I use and rely on it. I purchased it almost immediately after the trial expired. Well worth the cost to me.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
my own problem is that I seem unable to clear notifications.

There are two ways of doing this

1) Click the x and then click clear....if I unlock my phone, turn it off and then back on again...the notifications are back

2) go to the notifications page, pull down to clear all. Unock my phone, turn it off and back on again....notifications are back

The only way I can clear them is to unlock my phone, then go to notifications page, pull down to clear all

very annoying.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona

1) Click the x and then click clear....if I unlock my phone, turn it off and then back on again...the notifications are back

2) go to the notifications page, pull down to clear all. Unock my phone, turn it off and back on again....notifications are back

The only way I can clear them is to unlock my phone, then go to notifications page, pull down to clear all

very annoying.

I don't have either of these issues regarding notifications. Make certain you have your settings correct. Mine is set to Standard behavior for Notifications.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland

very annoying.

Not sure if this is related to your settings and particular issue but the current release (8.0.0-1019) has the note: "I've had to remove the persistent missed notifications feature for now. It's just not ready."

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
Not sure if this is related to your settings and particular issue but the current release (8.0.0-1019) has the note: "I've had to remove the persistent missed notifications feature for now. It's just not ready."

it's actually only email notifications that this happens to. I'm going to get my g/f's phone and video it happening

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I downloaded this for the trial... And am really enjoying it so far!!

Quick question (and forgive my ignorance): if i want the weather to update in nearly real time, how do I set my settings? does this app run on the default weather app?

If I use locus and set it up to only use location services when the app is open, should I expect to see it working on the lock screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.