Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
However, I don’t want to waste too much time on this and negotiating with people without knowing if the issue could get solved or even worse. I’m trying to accept this keyboard and persuade myself that it’s not a big deal to press a button every 10-15 mins in average.
Mine has been more or less like that too and I’ve been wondering whether anyone who has this problem got it resolved fully? I have tried few times resintalling firmware and I remember at least once iPadOS has offered some keyboard related update and I let it do it but none of these have really helped. I think it is not hardware related but it would be interesting to hear if someone got it resolved by changing something?

Still hardware issue does not sound plausible to me since simple switching from app to app brings it back, I never need to unplug the keyboard or anything like that, even just hitting app switcher key (upper left key) makes it work again.

Terhox

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2018
Finland
I am not experiencing this problem anymore. What I did is rebooting iPad at least two times, also removing and attaching keyboard again. Also used the trackpad by pressing and not tapping (changed settings also). Now I just noticed that problem is gone, very mysterious thing.

I am now using trackpad both ways, pressing or tapping. There's no freezes anymore. Could there be, that tweaking settings solve some compatibility?

BTW, I am using iPadOS 15.0 RC. Next week new iPadOS is coming to all, so it can also help.

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
I am not experiencing this problem anymore. What I did is rebooting iPad at least two times, also removing and attaching keyboard again. Also used the trackpad by pressing and not tapping (changed settings also). Now I just noticed that problem is gone, very mysterious thing.

I am now using trackpad both ways, pressing or tapping. There's no freezes anymore. Could there be, that tweaking settings solve some compatibility?

BTW, I am using iPadOS 15.0 RC. Next week new iPadOS is coming to all, so it can also help.
I think I tried that rebooting and reattaching keyboard before and it seemed to work for a while but issue seems to come back but I have already used tap to click, so maybe need to try that too, it is just so much nicer to use tap to click for me. Anyway I'm also hoping it is fixed in iPadOS 15, since it very strongly looks to me like software issue more that hardware since simple hitting app switching key makes my trackpad work again every time.

Reactions: Terhox

Terhox

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2018
Finland
Anyway I'm also hoping it is fixed in iPadOS 15, since it very strongly looks to me like software issue more that hardware since simple hitting app switching key makes my trackpad work again every time.
Yeah, iPadOS 15, I think will help greatly. I think there’s software / firmware related issues, and of course Logitech will not get the same level access to iPad hardware or documentation as Apple with Magic Keyboard. So there can be all kind of glitches in future too.

Reactions: 0906742

dalmose

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2022
Most of the times the two-finger scroll want work, but after scrolling just a tiny bit with a finger on the screen then suddenly to finger scroll works again on the touchpad. It can only be a software issue.

XSVOT

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2023
For all those searching this issue, to resolve you must go into settings > Accessibility > Pointer Control > Turn OFF ‘Automatically Hide Pointer’. Updating iPad software, keyboard firmware, restarts, etc. will not resolve this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.