Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

belindaquek

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
How much of an upgrade you expect from 14 series? Especially when your current phone is a 13 pro max. Nobody tends to upgrade their phone yearly unless they have the spare cash (trade in, etc..) or they just well, want to

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
I’ll add one more thing. How did they get Bin Laden? The guy who would usual meet with him forgot to remove his battery from his phone. That was it and Bin Laden’s location was known. See why removable batteries don’t exist anymore except for the super secure phones. Apple should come out with a secure phone with a removable battery for those that need an extra secure phone.

I see. To indicate the size of that market you identify, could you estimate how many people are being hunted by intelligence agencies with a view to being terminated, rubbed out, slotted, taken down, bumped off, neutralised?

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
I see. To indicate the size of that market you identify, could you estimate how many people are being hunted by intelligence agencies with a view to being terminated, rubbed out, slotted, taken down, bumped off, neutralised?
That’s just an example of why batteries can defeat hacked or compromised phones. That type of phone would be sold to governments, etc.

Magnusson

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
This is the skip year* (*exceptions may apply for certain individuals with hopelessly old phones where battery replacement makes no sense)

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
I have an 11PM and was going to skip again but then, for no reason, changed my mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.