Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
I got a nice keychain for one of my AirTags yesterday and now I want an AirTag wallet. My current wallet has a coin pocket that never gets used and is big enough that an AirTag would fit in it, but I’ve been meaning to go to a smaller wallet.

Anyone have an AirTag wallet that they just love?

Cowboy8467

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Reactions: usmaak

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
image.jpg
IMG_4641.jpeg
I use this Minimal wallet

Last edited:

mtrm

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2013
Portugal
One year ago I was looking for a minimal wallet with AirTag support and decided to get this one. No regrets whatsoever. Quality is great. Only downside is it’s a tad pricey.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I just recently got some Tiles.
Looking at this thread makes me wonder why would you buy a wallet that you can clearly see there is a airtag on it? If they steal or find your wallet, all they got to do is take that off and throw it away. Don't make sense to me.

That said I'm not going to put a Tile in my wallet. I've never lost, had one stolen or misplaced one in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: JapanApple

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Because the AirTag is there to help you find you wallet if you lose it, it's not an anti-theft device.
I understand what its there for, but IF you lose it, it wont stop the finder or thief from keeping it and just taking the tag off and throwing it away....and you will only find the tag. Just dont make sense to me to have it so visible like that.

I guess i cant relate because i have never lost my wallet....or my keys. I guess many people do, idk.
Makes sense to use them more for vehicles (cars, electric bikes, electric skateboards,etc) as they are getting stolen a lot these days. Thats what im using mine for anyways. Just thinking of better ways to use them for myself is all.

Not to mention it makes a wallet bulkier/lumpy to carry but id at least try to hide the tracker in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I understand what its there for, but IF you lose it, it wont stop the finder or thief from keeping it and just taking the tag off and throwing it away....and you will only find the tag. Just dont make sense to me to have it so visible like that.

I guess i cant relate because i have never lost my wallet....or my keys. I guess many people do, idk.
Makes sense to use them more for vehicles (cars, electric bikes, electric skateboards,etc) as they are getting stolen a lot these days. Thats what im using mine for anyways. Just thinking of better ways to use them for myself is all.

Not to mention it makes a wallet bulkier/lumpy to carry but id at least try to hide the tracker in there somewhere.

I think in a situation like you described, nothing would really help. If the purpose is theft, whether they found an AirTag or not, most thieves would take the cash, cards, etc. & ditch the wallet.

When it comes to theft of an AirTag wallet, the best bet is if it happens close to you & quickly (where you get the notification its just been detected as being separated). Otherwise the purpose is more for if you misplaced it, left it or it was found by a trustworthy person (ie. left in any empty Uber, restaurant, plane, doctors office, etc.)

I get what you're saying about having it be so visible, but ultimately, as we've all mentioned, its more for lost or misplaced purposes. And you're right about the bulk. Thats a cool thing about the Tile card option.

When people recover stolen stuff because of an AirTag, it boosts its appeal...but it also does it a disservice because then many people completely rely on it for retrieving said stolen item. Fo me, I can certainly use it for that purpose, but I also don't expect it to be foolproof.

There are plenty of loopholes, so my expectations are reasonably in check if something is unfortunately stolen with an AirTag.

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
too much thinking here, those that use air tag wallets do so to reduce what they carry. Since I carry Air tag keys and wallet and Promax. I use a brand name bag (min size) to reduce my carry day-to-day. My size is now 90 percent less than before. Hence size is the issue. If I leave it behind I quickly notice.

Last edited:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I bought this a few weeks ago. Pretty decent wallet.

iMarkypad

macrumors member
May 3, 2022
I bought this one off of Amazon a while back, it's served me well over the past year or so.

I didnt even know this was a thing. I might check it out if its useful.

Reactions: Cowboy8467

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
chipalo card spot, been on the market for over a year, available in multiple stores, including apple's

size of a couple credit cards, works on find my, beeper loud enough to be heard even though it's in an internal pocket in my wallet, and with the wallet in my pants or under things.

2 small cons, but both are not an issue
  • no precision location, but the beeper makes up for it.
  • non-replaceable battery, but they say lasts 2 years. Once you're registered, in 2 years, they email you a 50% discount code.

SorenMads9

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2023
You could purchase Apple AirTag loop lastest versions

Though as an user I can say these tags can bulge out of or stretch your wallet, unless you buy the appropriate accessory or wallet to stow and secure them ..But definitely thanks to tags bcz it saved me many times..

JWGold

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
United States

I have AirTags attached to my keys. Hardly a day goes by that I don’t use “find my” on my iPhone to locate my keys in my house somewhere… right after I ping my iPhone with my Apple Watch…. Lol.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
chipalo card spot, been on the market for over a year, available in multiple stores, including apple's

size of a couple credit cards, works on find my, beeper loud enough to be heard even though it's in an internal pocket in my wallet, and with the wallet in my pants or under things.

2 small cons, but both are not an issue
  • no precision location, but the beeper makes up for it.
  • non-replaceable battery, but they say lasts 2 years. Once you're registered, in 2 years, they email you a 50% discount code.
I have preordered an AirCard with Apple FindMy to avoid the AirTag bulge. It should rollout in August 2023...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rollingsquare/aircard-find-your-wallet-always

I came across both of these on my search for a good option for placing (squeezing) in my existing Apple Leather Sleeve (https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Leather-Sleeve-MagSafe-iPhone/dp/B08MWQ71T3) holding an iphone 13 mini. Which, yes does fit by the way. Couldnt pull the trigger on either one.

While the aircard is pretty slick and the thinnest option, it's still not shipping. Estimated shipping is now pushed back to September per the website.

The chipolo seems like a good enough option too, but neither of these can be recharged.

At this point I won't buy a product knowing the only recourse when it's battery dies is to it throw away or return to manufacturer to buy another.

I went with the new PebbleBee Card. Available now, works great, solved my problem and doesn't require a new wallet.

And critically, it's rechargeable!

https://pebblebee.com/products/pebblebee-card

Glad to see so many third party options. It's too bad none implement the U1 for precision finding.

Reactions: derekww

SorenMads9

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2023
You could purchase Apple AirTag loop lastest versions

Though as an user I can say these tags can bulge out of or stretch your wallet, unless you buy the appropriate accessory or wallet to stow and secure them ..But definitely thanks to tags bcz it saved me many times..
Joke: Why did the Swedish earpod start speaking only in English? Because it wanted to be more "Apple-y" understood, just like its hörlurar cousins! i.e. apple hörlurar

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Looks like the Ace Card got cloned!

The Air Card can be had for less than $20 from Amazon right now ($24.99 - 30% coupon), and shared all of the same specs and design of the Ace Card. There is also a plastic version that is slightly thicker. Like Ace Card neither are rechargeable.

Going to buy one of these and gut it when the battery dies!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.