Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Grates on me that all these wallets show the AirTag with the chrome/shiny side facing outwards - that would scratch and mark up like hell. I’d put the AirTag in the other way round personally…..

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Grates on me that all these wallets show the AirTag with the chrome/shiny side facing outwards - that would scratch and mark up like hell. I’d put the AirTag in the other way round personally…..

The folks who opt for the laser engraving customization are wayyy ahead of you.

I never understood why people put the shiny side out, but turns out lots of people have the blank/non-personalized tags.

That said, I go for the card form factor options. You wanna talk about grating... thick, hard, round bulge in a wallet? No thanks :)

Reactions: Ifti

TECK

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
I'm using https://aviatorwallet.com, plates are 3 years old with no signs of wear. The clip is designed to house the AirTag with shiny face up, only.

IMG_7155.jpeg IMG_7153.jpeg

Last edited:

mrmister

Suspended
Dec 19, 2008
Just want to testify that I own a Chipolo, and it has consistently worked terribly. So much so I’ve given up and am using an AirTag, bc I can’t take all the times it just stops updating. I hard reset it, I talked to the company—it doesn’t work nearly well enough.

Reactions: derekww

Firestorm007

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
I received my Rolling Square AirCard about 10 days ago and it works great! 👍

It should become available on Amazon etc quite soon.

Reactions: iGeneo

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
The Chipolo Card Spot may work for people that don't put their wallet's in their back pocket. I'm giving up on them. Nothing I do can keep it from hitting the button and draining the battery. I've had 3 replacements in the year that I've tried to use it.

They also don't seem to update as often as the AirTags. Definitely an inferior product.

Reactions: derekww

Firestorm007

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
The Chipolo Card Spot may work for people that don't put their wallet's in their back pocket. I'm giving up on them. Nothing I do can keep it from hitting the button and draining the battery. I've had 3 replacements in the year that I've tried to use it.

They also don't seem to update as often as the AirTags. Definitely an inferior product.
The button on the AirCard was intentionally made difficult to press but I wouldn’t recommend it be used by back pocket use. Part of it is made of glass! But for font pocket storage it should be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpeg
    IMG_0558.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 44

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
The button on the AirCard was intentionally made difficult to press but I wouldn’t recommend it be used by back pocket use. Part of it is made of glass! But for font pocket storage it should be fine.
I've tried sandwiching these between other cards - nope, still gets pressed regardless. Bad design.

I've taken one of these apart - contemplating replacing the battery and doing my own design. There is NO glass in these!!!

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
I've tried sandwiching these between other cards - nope, still gets pressed regardless. Bad design.

I've taken one of these apart - contemplating replacing the battery and doing my own design. There is NO glass in these!!!
you two are talking about two different products. opening the chipolo and removing the button sounds like a reasonable solution.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I use a Ridge wallet with the money strap band and the airtag holder on the band, it's great for all my wants and needs, I was looking at a 'card based' tracker but as the ridge is an RFID blocking wallet I wasn't sure on how effective it would be!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.