Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookgang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Ive been working back and forth between an old mac mini and my new macbook pro for music production and want to switch exclusively to the macbook. I have a dual screen setup with all of my music hardware connected to a powered USB hub. I essentially want a solution where i can plug one USB C cable into my mac with 2 HDMI cables connected, USB PD to charge, at least one USB Port to hook up to the hub and an ethernet, making switching between portable/studio setup easier.

I have seen the satechi dual plug hub and have that as an option, but i keep seeing other more affordable hubs that meet my needs, but they all say that their dual screen function can only extend one screen (Meaning the second external display is a mirror of the first). I need it to be able to extend both screens. Looking into it i saw that its possible this limitation was due to an old displaylink driver that has since been updated? but im not certain... any suggestions???

Thanks in advance guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.