Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markphil1424

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2015
OH, USA
I got the ridge wallet with the AirTag case for Christmas. Unfortunately, the screwdriver came defective so I haven't been able to attach it yet (or replace the cash strap with the money clip I also got). I'm trying to get a replacement screwdriver. I like the Ridge wallet though.
I've had one for awhile now and just needed to change the battery. The tiny screws and special screwdriver are definitely challenging, but other than that it's been great.

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I've had one for awhile now and just needed to change the battery. The tiny screws and special screwdriver are definitely challenging, but other than that it's been great.
I had to exchange my wallet because they asked me to provide pictures of the wallet and they said it appears I have stripped screws. Which is odd because it's brand new. But whatever. I'm definitely going to order extra screws just in case.

I got my replacement today and I was a little annoyed because the front carbon fiber plate had a long scratch on it. But I really don't feel like sending it back, and it's going to get scratched up anyway. Maybe I'll send them an email and they can give me a discount or something, hopefully.

Anyway, I installed the money clip and the AirTag carbon case. It was intimidating, but mission accomplished. It isn't as bulky as I thought it would be. I like the fact that AirTag case is screwed on. I had a cheap AirTag wallet with a slot that just snaps in, and one of my worries is that someone will just steal the wallet and take the AirTag out. But if someone steals the Ridge, they'd have to find the special screwdriver needed to take it out, and they're not that easy to find.

Reactions: markphil1424
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.