Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
It does import of the quicken formatted files, so I assume you can download the transactions from the bank and then import it... haven't attempted that yet, but that was pretty much how I did the original set up (exported as QIF from my previous tool and then imported the QIF)... and that's how I do two credit cards currently, so when I get the statements I will know for sure.

Unfortunately GS/AppleCard does not do that, so those have to be entered manually (regardless of which tool you use)...
You can export Apple Card transactions each month in a variety of formats (CSV, OFX, QFX, QBO).

Reactions: AZhappyjack

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
The only option I see is to download a list of the transactions... please explain...
Not sure what you are getting at. When you tap on the statement in the Wallet app, there are two options - "Download PDF Statement" and "Export Transactions". If you tap on "Export Transactions", you can download them in the formats that I mentioned.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Not sure what you are getting at. When you tap on the statement in the Wallet app, there are two options - "Download PDF Statement" and "Export Transactions". If you tap on "Export Transactions", you can download them in the formats that I mentioned.
I'm on the website (card.apple.com) on my Mac...

Last edited:

pletopia

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
It does import of the quicken formatted files, so I assume you can download the transactions from the bank and then import it... haven't attempted that yet, but that was pretty much how I did the original set up (exported as QIF from my previous tool and then imported the QIF)... and that's how I do two credit cards currently, so when I get the statements I will know for sure.

Unfortunately GS/AppleCard does not do that, so those have to be entered manually (regardless of which tool you use)...

Again, I was hoping for the app to have a connection to the bank and automatically download the transactions itself. If I wanted to do it manually like you are, I will continue to just use a spreadsheet as I just want to know the balances easily.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Update on the SEE Finance program:

So far, the program has been functioning pretty well. It's got a few quirks in the way it works ("linked transactions" between 2 accounts) and reports are a little strange...

However, the killer part of the deal is the absolute lack of response... I am on day 4 without so much as an acknowledgement of my request for support... and checking the MAS reviews, the company seems to have not been responding for about a year... the total lack of support is a show stopper for me... the last update is also over a year ago.

Deleted the app and continuing the search for a money tracking app.

Reactions: Pyrotechnic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.