Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thegreenman

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2006
The solution I found that worked for me was, right click got to view drop down to hide side bar and click the box were back

jzangaro

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2022
ANOTHER OPTION: My problem was, after removing all my favorites and clicking the dropdown - "All Mailboxes" wasn't an option. It's not that it was greyed out - It wasn't there. I almost gave up - but LIGHTBULB: I remembered it appears when I search my mail -- and sure enough, I searched a random word and All Mailboxes appeared on left column, and I right clicked it to add to favorites. :):apple:

Reactions: Rodan52

flipin

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2017
The West is the Best
Another example of why I love the MacRumors ersatz BBS. Critical info without a lot haughty behavior based on pints given by the Apple Community. Thanks for these quick fixes to a ridiculous problem

Reactions: ErikGrim

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
Sure is a common problem, my wife did this yesterday and came to me saying, "I'VE LOST MY ALL INBOXES FOLDER." I think it may have happened at a bad time for her;). As I don't use Apple Mail myself I was as puzzled as she was but thanks to this great forum a quick search landed me in this thread and I was able to impress her by fixing it almost instantly. I did tell her I found the answer here, eventually.
So thanks everybody for your helpful advice.👍👌🙂

Reactions: macplaymates

macplaymates

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2008
Thank you! That is just bad by design if you all have this issue. I would be ashamed as a developer that all my users have this issue already for such long time. But anyway, thanks!
absolutely. true, why would they hide the plus (+) absolutely terrible User interface design. Apple is really dumb sometimes. I've been using Mac OS since 1986 Mac 512K. The best OS design was under Jean-Louis Gassée.

Tribeca

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2004
New Jersey, USA
Late to the thread, BUT FOUND A QUICK EASY SOLUTION.
If this was already mentioned, I apologize for reposting.

All I did was go to the "Search" field in Apple Mail and simply type in "All Mailboxes" and the search revealed the lost All Mailboxes folder in the sidebar! I dragged it down into my "Favorites" and now everything is back to normal.

Running Ventura v13.1 on Mac Studio M1

Mookerchief

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
UK
I've encountered the same issue - losing my smart folder which shows all unread emails with no way to get it back. That pesky '+' button keeps disappearing. But I found another solution which might help others.

I did have some other smart mailboxes in place - such as 'Today'. A right click on the name brought up a contextual menu, and the options included 'duplicate' and 'edit'. So I duplicated it, renamed it, and edited it so it became my 'all unread' messages. I repeated that and created 'all inboxes' as well, which I order with the most recent and the unread messages at the top.

Mookerchief

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2009
UK
Hold on... that technique above, duplicate and edit, does not work. The changes you make mess up the original. Use with caution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.