Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustinTheAppleNewbie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
Hi, I've recently bought a new m1 macbook 13" and so far I've enjoyed it to the fullest. But the other day i tried something that raised questions in my mind. Now i know that the macbook 13" isn't intended for gaming, but i felt like trying some of my favorite titles to see how they ran on it. I began by trying to play League of Legends, on medium settings. After about 1 - 2hours the MB was very hot, I was a bit suprised. My question is, is this only a suprise to me? or is this what I could expect with the kind of hardware which is inside or should i be concerned that i might have gotten a malfuncional product?
The fans never kicked in during the gaming session as far as i noticed/could hear.
appreciate any comments and help i can get concerning this question. Sorry for potential bad English as it's not my first language.

Also I have a quick question. Does it hurt the computer not turning it off every time after use, or is that something that you only have to do when there is an update available.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.