Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Anyone's new M2 Studio ship?

I ordered the Base with upgrade to 1TB SSD and mine just switched to "preparing to ship"

Just curious on others

Reactions: sauria

Foxdog175

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Ordered a maxed ultra less than a minute into the website going live and it changed to preparing to ship this morning. I'm guessing they'll ship early and wait until Monday for the last mile delivery?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Maxed out Studio has shipped:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 02.42.53.png

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 02.42.18.png

Reactions: sauria

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Same. Mine just shipped for Wednesday as well :). Surprised since it was slightly customized

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2019
I got my order in the first minute or so and it's currently saying "Preparing to Ship" with a delivery date of June 13-15.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Movement has started maxed out Studio. Since this is early (normally would have expected that it would start moving Monday) implies it could arrive as soon as Monday. Delivery date, previously Wednesday, is not available.

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 21.52.29.png

Last edited:

mcscot

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Base model with 1TB SSD upgrade now 'Preparing to Ship', showing date range of 14-20 June to UK.

trickster is meaningless

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2016
Basingstoke, UK
I ordered on the 6th and mine is preparing to ship already (Max with 64GB/2Tb). My delivery window is still 21-28th though. I’m in the UK so I imagine the route might be to somewhere in the EU then on to the UK, so extra border stuff.

Definitely seems like they had an inventory waiting to go on this. Last time I was following it and there were a lot of delays. I ended up cancelling my m1 max order last year.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
My custom order was supposed to arrive Wednesday but it is only 1 ups hop away so should be Monday unless Apple has a release date on it

mcscot

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
I ordered on the 6th and mine is preparing to ship already (Max with 64GB/2Tb). My delivery window is still 21-28th though. I’m in the UK so I imagine the route might be to somewhere in the EU then on to the UK, so extra border stuff.

Definitely seems like they had an inventory waiting to go on this. Last time I was following it and there were a lot of delays. I ended up cancelling my m1 max order last year.
I recall for M1 Max there were some issues in Hong Kong (Covid related) as mine was also delayed going to the UK. Agree on the inventory. Buying this machine was the easiest Apple procurement in a long while. I've always had the theory that Apple release products and inventory motivated by quarterly revenue. I don't think it is a coincidence that we are in the final month of the quarter..

trickster is meaningless

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2016
Basingstoke, UK
I recall for M1 Max there were some issues in Hong Kong (Covid related) as mine was also delayed going to the UK. Agree on the inventory. Buying this machine was the easiest Apple procurement in a long while. I've always had the theory that Apple release products and inventory motivated by quarterly revenue. I don't think it is a coincidence that we are in the final month of the quarter..
That sounds familiar. I think I placed the order but it was a 10/12 week wait and cancelled before it budged at all.

That’s a good observation. I think a lot of these products were ready to go in March/April time and I guess they’ve decided the numbers would work better given the poor sales in the last quarter. Mine is still in Preparing to Ship, but I’ve heard the EU/UK orders are sometimes not classed as shipped until they’re with the final courier. Either way, it’s looking like it could be 7+ days earlier than expected 😁. This is my first new Mac since 2016 so I’m quite excited.

Reactions: mcscot and mr_jomo

AdamSeen

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2013
I ordered almost instantly as the UK store came back online and still saying 14-20. But I’d guess it will start shipping today.

AdamSeen

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2013
It’s now dispatched (studio base,64gb,1tb). Disappointingly it looks like it’s coming from China rather than Ireland, which usually takes a few days to arrive rather than next day from Ireland.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Looks like there is a street date on this. Mine should have come today by where it is in UPS network but it did not move last night. Bizarre

trickster is meaningless

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2016
Basingstoke, UK
Mine moved to Shipped this morning. The tracking info is just the label so far, but I’m hoping that means I might be receiving it on Friday. Best of luck to anyone who is receiving theirs today, may the couriers be gentle and the porch pirates be elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: omenatarhuri

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2019
Looks like there is a street date on this. Mine should have come today by where it is in UPS network but it did not move last night. Bizarre
This is normal with these shipments at release. They get to Louisville and sit for a day or so and then arrive on launch day. I've had this happen with every new release I've ordered on launch day over the last 3-4 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.