Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordanfc21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2020
New Zealand
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue with the Mac App Store under High Sierra? I am running on a late 2011 MacBook Pro and while the rest of the App Store works perfectly fine, the updates page looks like a website that failed to load:

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 12.09.15 PM.png

This happens after restarts, force-quitting the App Store, even command+R on the page doesn't work. Has anyone else seen this, and if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks!

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Thread 'So I guess Apple just broke the App Store's updates tab on 10.11 – 10.13?'

jordanfc21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2020
New Zealand
Thread 'So I guess Apple just broke the App Store's updates tab on 10.11 – 10.13?'
Thanks! I wasn't aware :) Posting in there now

wellander1

Contributor
Apr 30, 2019
Chandler az
Now it is not finding system and safari updates on a new install but still finding application updates. Not good.
Edit it did show up just took a long time.

Last edited:

michel52

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2012
Now it is not finding system and safari updates on a new install but still finding application updates. Not good.
Edit it did show up just took a long time.
sorry but i don't understand your way of explain ?

wellander1

Contributor
Apr 30, 2019
Chandler az
I had to do a new install of 10.13 and it was not briefly showing the security and Safari updates. It just took a very long time to do it.

LordeOurMother

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2014
I do not guarantee the safety of your computing performing the following solutions, I collected them for self reference but patched Mojave onto the relevant MacBook Pro instead.

1. Terminal Command (I actually think this was posted as a joke/troll rather than seriously, as the command get_out_of_my_way is... oddly worded).
I had the same issue. Installed High Sierra many times (clean installs, simple upgrade, ...), but new apps from the store couldn't start because of this error.

Finally this worked for me, and everything is fine now:

Type in Terminal

sudo nvram boot-args=amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1

and reboot afterwards.

2. Deleting valid.sqlite3 (This only works temporarily until restarting).
I had the same problem after a reinstall of High Sierra on my mid-2011 iMac : I could install Pages and Numbers, but not run them, and I couldn't install GarageBand or iMovie, even without applying the 2020-006 update. I solved this issue by deleting valid.sqlite3 on /Library/Keychains/clrs, then launching the install or the app. A new and empty valid.sqlite3 was created and I can run my apps without problems. However, the original valid.sqlite3 file came back after a while (I'm not sure why), it only happened one time for the moment, I deleted it and it worked fine.

3. Permanent Solution: Replacing valid.sqlite3 with a working file from another Mac. The apple.com discussion has files hosted by 'softmusic' and instructions of how to do so:

macstatic

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
Same problem here.
I tried clicking on the "update" button for an app though, and it worked. So far it looks like it's just the user interface which is broken.
Does anyone know if Apple is on the case and will fix this?

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

michel52

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2012
it has been noticed to me since Steve Jobs is gone that apple software is working less and less well ... lately there are more and more bugs in macOS

JustinePaula

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue with the Mac App Store under High Sierra? I am running on a late 2011 MacBook Pro and while the rest of the App Store works perfectly fine, the updates page looks like a website that failed to load:

View attachment 1762009

This happens after restarts, force-quitting the App Store, even command+R on the page doesn't work. Has anyone else seen this, and if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks!
I have the same issue, I sent Apple Support a tweet with the screengrab, and Apple seem to think [they are convinced it is a fcpx fault] no matter how I explain, they say uninstall fcpx... Apple says this.. I just give up...

I don't know what to do, Apple Support are clueless, they don't understand the issue.. So their advice is garbage..I suspect it is a "plist" file that has been corrupted, the boffins in support suggested a re-install.. just no on that...

So far in 3 months no update to HS...

JustinePaula

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
I give up, Apple on twitter, no clue, but anyway, they said they have opened a case, gave me a case number and said to phone this bloke on a free for landlines [we don't have landlines anymore..] number and explain to them the issue...

Not sure Apple Support understand the issue is not hardware related.. Comments like "seeing as you cannot upgrade.." Makes it seem as if I have done something wrong... I guess if you ignore a problem it will get bored and leave of it's own accord...Works for my dad..But not for me...

Reactions: BeatCrazy

JustinePaula

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for the update, checked, and fixed, and Apple support wanted me to spend more than a month;s rent to phone some bloke in Johannesburg...glad I did exactly the square root of a carrot...

FleetWendy

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2021
Hi Everyone,

View attachment 1762009

Thanks!
I am having trouble with the Mac store as well even though I signed in on Apple ID. When I click on purchased icon it says can't connect. I am trying to get Pages back onto my computer. I have the same year MacBook Air. High Sierra 10.13.6. I REALLY need to reinstall Pages as many fliers, documents and invoices are in that program. Any ideas?

Beats by Frey

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2021
I am having trouble with the Mac store as well even though I signed in on Apple ID. When I click on purchased icon it says can't connect. I am trying to get Pages back onto my computer. I have the same year MacBook Air. High Sierra 10.13.6. I REALLY need to reinstall Pages as many fliers, documents and invoices are in that program. Any ideas?
Same here. I get the message CANNOT CONNECT TO THE APP STORE. I chatted with Apple support and they directed me to a lame page of instructions telling me to check their status page, check my internet(duh), check for updates,blah blah blah.
So, I just wiped this early 2011 Macbook Pro and installed only Windows 10 1809 version DVD with no MacOS on it. So far so good. Used the bootcamp drivers and everything works. bye bye MACOS!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.