Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluffyx

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
It's not "totaled," but most of the internal components must be very badly damaged. We see the strangest liquid spills come in for repair, but being completely submerged is pretty bad. Believe it or not, they can still be cost-effectively repaired.

darknite38

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
Hey guys?? I was the person who my macbook pro went into the vat of syrup...... nobody seemed to help me? And my post got closed??

By the way, as the thread creator, I now must present myself as a troll.

I didn't really drop it into a vat of syrup, it was just a satirical post as a result of reading this thread.
:cool:

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
Hey guys?? I was the person who my macbook pro went into the vat of syrup...... nobody seemed to help me? And my post got closed??

I didn't really drop it into a vat of syrup, it was just a satirical post as a result of reading this thread.

no $#!7

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

I am sure the Mods would not see your humour

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Your thread should have been stickied, not wastelanded.
Funniest thing I have ever read on MR. :D

Definitely shouldve, thats inspired "Trolls huh... well, bet they never saw me coming..." <- AlphaDogg, was that what was going through your mind in that post, because my word thats excellent :D

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010

How do you think Canadians feel about this?

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010
If it was genuine Maple Syrup, I sure hope he salvaged as much as he could and licked it off the MBP...that stuff is expensive. If it was corn syrup, then I'd throw the vat and the Mac away.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
If it's a salt water pool it's done most definitely, salt rusts and corrodes everything over time, so if it starts up today it will not last long. You can purchase uncle bens rice company and it won't do a thing.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Just saw this thread.

It reminded me of when I worked for an Apple reseller.

We had a pair of ladies, twins (we called them the Bobbsey twins) who had adopted a young disabled boy who got around in a wheelchair. Full marks to the ladies.
They bought him an Apple laptop to help him do his school work. This was just before the time this was common.
More brownie points with gold elephant stickers for the ladies.

One day they brought the laptop in to us to see if we could revive it. It had fallen into a creek.

What impressed me is how this pre-teen kid, in a wheelchair, could get out into the bush with his wheelchair to the point where it was possible to actually drop his laptop into a creek.
This was certainly not a mollycoddled kid.

BTW, they ended up buying a new laptop, along with strict instructions on keeping it dry.

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2020
A pool is a no win scenario.

1. laptop falls into a pool full of water = fooked.
2. laptop fallis into a pool with no water = fooked.

avoid pools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.