Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
well spotted

here it is

A MacBidouille reader ordered a Mac mini on the online Apple Store this week and while he was checking his order status today, he noticed that there was the following mention:

MACMINI 1.42GHZ/512/80G/CMD/F
Est. Build On or before 11/07/2005
Replaced with new product”

This is usually the mention that appears when there is a new product announcement before the item ordered on the Apple Store is shipped. That may mean that Apple is going to announce an updated line of Mac mini’s in the coming days.

However the shipment delay of the Mac mini is still “on the same business day” on the online Apple Store. So maybe it is simply a mistake from Apple. Time will tell.

what is CMD?????? ooo i'm happy now :D

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
liketom said:
ok , so whats F ?

I'd guess it's a French language option for OS X - looks like the information originated from a french site!

Superhob

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2004
Interesting find. It says that the estimated ship date is Monday, July 11, 2005. This would coincide with the Apple press event scheduled for the first Thursday in July (July 7th).

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Whats with the "alarm"? Updates are a good thing. Mini has been out for several months now with no update. And the updates to imacs and emacs haven't been that impressive.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I had a slightly different take when I read the estimated build date, In the United States 11/7/05, often means November 7, 2005. The military would read it as 11 July 2005. So it could all be very interesting.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
wdlove said:
I had a slightly different take when I read the estimated build date, In the United States 11/7/05, often means November 7, 2005. The military would read it as 11 July 2005. So it could all be very interesting.
This is from a French site/order and in Europe we usually use dd/mm/yy(yy) (or yy(yy)/mm/dd) ;)

spacefreak4

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2005
Virginia
wdlove said:

That's what I thought initially too, but why would they delay an order until November?

In the early days of Tiger, the Up-To-Date program had to be used (for the Mac mini, among other products) to get Tiger on a machine. The expiration date to use that program, if you don't have Tiger yet, is postmarked by July 9th, the Saturday before the 11th. So it looks like there might finally be good news about the revision! I know that the mini already comes with Tiger, but I was thinking before the mini came with Tiger that around the end of the Up-To-Date program would be the time for a revised Mac mini.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001

Rumors are circulating, based on a MacBidouille message (translation) that a Mac mini order showed a status of "Replaced with new product". If true, this could indicate that a new low-end Mac model was to be released. There has been no confirmation of this rumor and others with Mac minis on order claim not to have this order status.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
My dad just ordered a mini for our house so that there can be a shared computer for everyone to use and put their schedules on. It will be in the kitchen so we can also stream music from our computers to it while we are eating or making dinner. Anyways, we ordered it monday (27th) and he just received an e-mail saying it had shipped. If this rumor was true, I would think our e-mail would get the same message, but it didn't. I would be a little upset if we ordered the last possible day before the changed the orders. It will still be a good computer for what we need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.