Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianus

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2005
blenderdude said:
w00t! This is it!

I know TS has seemed to go down the toilet, but these are actual part #'s in apple's database... not some random, unnamed source:

New iBook, Mac mini part numbers appear
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0507ibook2.html

OOOH, I wonder what the $699 model will be!? :D I've been hoping they'd offer a wider selection of Minis; will this be a 'high end' model or just one that comes standard with some of the already-existing options?

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
brianus said:
OOOH, I wonder what the $699 model will be!? :D I've been hoping they'd offer a wider selection of Minis; will this be a 'high end' model or just one that comes standard with some of the already-existing options?

I would think that it will just be a ram upgrade... maybe we will see a 100GB hard drive option like the powerbook. they might also up the CPU to 1.5. but i dowt it will be huge. Maybe also have built in BT and AirPort? as standerd i mean.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
^ Well, it just happened. iBooks are now on 5-7 days and minis are 4-6 days.

**edit**
damn me not reading through all the posts.

chillywilly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Salt Lake City
I'm just hoping that any updates that can be firmware upgradable will be included. Would be nice to not feel like my mini will be too far outdated.

Wonder if Apple will upgrade the SuperDrive to be dual-layed.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I think most people would be content with standard BT, APX, 512 ram and an upgrade in the video ram for the high-end mini. Outside of that I think any other upgrades should be BTO options (ie bigger hard drive, faster hard drive)...

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
With iPhone off the schedule for a few months mac mini updates seems like a good bet. Still the new reports about dual and tribooting intel macs makes me think waiting another year or so for pentuim macs will be worth it...which also makes me think Apple know this and so any new G4/G5 macs will get really decent specs to keep sales up...

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
Well the UK Apple store is showing a 2day shipping time for standard mini's and a 3day one for custom ones.

Hope thats a good indication of an update today :)

chillywilly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Salt Lake City
berkleeboy210 said:
In 8-9hours we shall find out

Will anybody be losing sleep over this tonight? :p
No sleep lost here... good thing, cause the changes were minimal.

At least now there is a min. of 512MB RAM and the high end models now come standard with APE/BT.

dukkha

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2005
California
Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow

I ordered a new low-end mac mini next week, and it's supposed to ship tomorrow. I certainly hope so.

Am I an idiot for not waiting until the switch to Intel? Probably, but I wanted a new Apple right now and I didn't want to wait. Besides, I still it's a great value for the money.

Cut 'n' paste from my order status page at Apple:

1GB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
40 GB ULTRA ATA DRIVE
Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM)
56k V.92 Modem
Country Kit
Mac OS X

Can't wait!

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
At least its cheap and you can easily sell it off to someone who wants a mac but doesn't know too much about the new switch. It would be a different story if you were plopping down major mula on an iMac. Although again you could sell that to someone who just wants a normal machine and doesn't care what it runs on as long as it runs.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
dukkha said:
I ordered a new low-end mac mini next week, and it's supposed to ship tomorrow. I certainly hope so.

Am I an idiot for not waiting until the switch to Intel? Probably, but I wanted a new Apple right now and I didn't want to wait. Besides, I still it's a great value for the money.

Cut 'n' paste from my order status page at Apple:

1GB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
40 GB ULTRA ATA DRIVE
Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM)
56k V.92 Modem
Country Kit
Mac OS X

Can't wait!
Nah, nothin' wrong with getting it now - you'll get a good few years out of it yet! I'd have gotten RAM from Crucial or something though... Save a few $$

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.