Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Mine tends to crash when I hit certain pages. I suspect it's Java related but I'm not sure.

Kenny Pollock

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2003
Hollywood, FL
Yep, it's JavaScript related.
It's gotten to the point where if JS is not disabled, I can't goto any JS pages. Most of the JS enabled pages need to have JS enabled to click on anything nowadays. I can't get movie times, or anything.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Originally posted by kidd0
Yep, it's JavaScript related.
It's gotten to the point where if JS is not disabled, I can't goto any JS pages. Most of the JS enabled pages need to have JS enabled to click on anything nowadays. I can't get movie times, or anything.
Hmmm ... No issues here. Safari in the latest build is listed as 1.1.1(v100.1).

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
I hope it fixes System Preferences. I - and a lot of other powerbook owners - have noticed weirdness, with certain system prefs (power settings, mouse settings, trackpad settings) not being retained.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Mmmm...Mmmmm....Monday.

I love updates. This stands to be very large. A lot of big fixes in 10.3.2. Glad to see that Apple is working hard.

fabsgwu

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
Washington, DC
Safari, other programs

I'm having A LOT of frustration with 10.3.1 iBolg keeps on crashing (an OS error that sends a report to Apple), and Safari hasn't run so slow on my system since the first beta.

I hope they fix these issues, really starting to annoy me!

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Originally posted by uv23
I hope it fixes System Preferences. I - and a lot of other powerbook owners - have noticed weirdness, with certain system prefs (power settings, mouse settings, trackpad settings) not being retained.

I have a powerbook but I haven't lost any my settings.

sparky76

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2003
I have a PB and don't like Panther networking. Slower than Jaguar. Bring on the fixes.

WM.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2003
Originally posted by DeusOmnis
The people who care already know.
Thanks a bunch. :rolleyes: I'm curious too. Is it something that only a game developer would care about? If so, let us know. Is it something a user would notice? If so, plenty of people care and evidently don't know. Or is it another Maya-crashing-type bug? Tell us. Don't give us (the general user population) condescending, unhelpful, and ultimately space- and bandwidth-wasting answers, please.

Even if we're talking about something that only developers notice/care about, that probably means they'll be spending more time/effort developing their apps, or being frustrated at Apple, which does affect us users.

</soapbox>

WM

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
I hope it fixes the problem where the firewire does not work, but still has power.
My iPod does not mount, my scanner does not work. I have to use my pc to scan..and I have old songs on my iPod:(

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I install a new system on my PowerBook, the "Help" application never works until the OS has been updated a few times...just thought this was weird and wondered if anyone else has or has had this problem.

stingerman

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2003
People, make sure you stop loading all those unsanity hacksies and run the Disk Utils to repair your disk and especially permissions. Have you run your CRON daily, weekly or Monthly jobs lately? Or, do you turn off your computer every night? OS X was designed to stay on, you never need to turn it off.

Longey Nowze

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by uv23

I have something similar to this, I have the CHUD Tools installed and when I go to the Hardware pref pane, I find that my L2 cache is disabled! I enable it, but when I go back to check on it, I find that it's disabled! I posted about itat apple support forums I dont know what the problem is really hope they fix it!

Thanks
MaT

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
Originally posted by ITR 81
I have a powerbook but I haven't lost any my settings.
Try the following: set your trackpad speed or scrolling speed to one notch right of center. Close system prefs, open it again, note that the settings have reverted to dead center. Also, my energy saver does not do what is indicated. Even though "dim/sleep display" is unchecked in battery mode, it goes ahead and does it anyway.

There are also numerous other bugs I have found and reported to Apple:

A bug that will make Disk Utility crash if you put in a non blank CD when it is expecting a blank CD after creating an image and selecting burn.

The desktop shows up momentarily before the password dialog when waking from sleep (this is totally unacceptable).

Weirdness with the Applications icon in the sidebar of the finder.

Inconsistent view options window when using the finder.

These are all on a 12" PB that came with Panther installed.

autrefois

macrumors 65816
Originally posted by AppleMatt nVidia drivers (which are final in this release) are still disappointing

Originally posted by DeusOmnis
The people who care already know.

Well then why post it on a public forum?

I have a few little problems in 10.3.1 that I've posted in the Apple discussion forums (like the cursor sometimes becoming off-centered with the text in Safari's address and search bars, which other users had reported; scheduled sleep not occurring always, etc.). Otherwise I'm happy w/this version and hope 10.3.2 will be even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.