Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
There are issues with creating a new Safari window and trying to do a Google search in the bar, without Safari taking focus away just as fast. Very annoying. Hope they fix this bug.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
Lacero said:
There are issues with creating a new Safari window and trying to do a Google search in the bar, without Safari taking focus away just as fast. Very annoying. Hope they fix this bug.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is annoying. I got angry just reading about it. I'm hoping something cool will come along with one of these point releases. Bug fixes are just so boring.

paulypants

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Lacero said:

Really? I am not able to duplicate that on my machine.

BTW who is that in your avatar, Lacero?

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Wouldn't it be nice to get a new Finder for the holidays? Something a little more...pleasant to work with?

All I want is a path bar, some major networking changes, you know, a Finder that didn't suck so bad.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
stridey said:
Fixes for the Mac operating system? In the new fixes release for the operating system? Inconceivable! ;)
Ever seen the release notes they put out with these things? They're not a heck of a lot more specific than that :)

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
1. Download something.
2. When it's finished, open the Downloads window and click the Reveal in Finder icon (the little magnifying glass).
3. Your Downloads folder will appear. Switch focus to the Downloads window and click the close window button.
4. Focus goes to Safari instead of the Finder window, despite the Finder window being in front of the Safari window.

$&%*!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Onizuka said:
Like this godamn spellcheck bug in Safari now?

What's the problem? My spell checker's been fine AFAIK. Perfect chance for a crap spell checker joke avoided. You can thank me latter...

Okay, sorry, couldn't resist. At least it's in white though...

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
mad jew said:
What's the problem? My spell checker's been fine AFAIK. Perfect chance for a crap spell checker joke avoided. You can thank me latter...

Okay, sorry, couldn't resist. At least it's in white though...

Sneaky.

AppleMatt

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
munkle said:
With all these .point releases for Tiger, I wonder how development of Leopard is coming along...
Some of these bug fixes may be a result of working on Leopard.

Anyway, since most (if not all) of the bug fixes apple to Leopard as well as Tiger, isn't it better they get them fixed for current users?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
generik said:
5 more point releases and we will have the next one.. OSX.5 Jaguar? :D
Pay attention:
1)It's Mac OS X V10.x
2)They are not decimal numbers. There could be a 10.4.10 if Apple wanted to.
3)Jaguar was 10.2.
4)The Next major release of OS X will be Leopard which we think will be 10.5.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Bear said:
Pay attention:

Hahah, Bear p0wn'd you!

I hope this release fixes some wacky airport issues I've been having. My connection will drop sometimes and I won't be able to find any signals for about 2 minutes, despite me having access to approximately 10 at any given time. Very odd.

Well, we probably won't see a build of 10.4.4 for another several months anyhow...unless they need to do cleanup on 10.4.3, which is what it sounds like when you go to the OS X forum.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
Will Cheyney said:
I hope they sort the damn fan issues out with the G5 when the processor setting is on 'Automatic'.

i dont see what the big deal is.. the fans in my dual 2.0 g5 rev up once in a while.. big deal.

its not like it lasts long and it isnt even very loud when it does
it doesnt affect the performance or reliability of the machine.
if anything its a safegueard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.