Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
In the end the box will have the design that Steve Jobs chooses. IMHO the Proposed Tiger box looks much more sophisticated that the "X Men" box, professional.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
wdlove said:
In the end the box will have the design that Steve Jobs chooses. IMHO the Proposed Tiger box looks much more sophisticated that the "X Men" box, professional.
Yeah, no Halle Berry.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
AlexSpark said:
The best thing will be seeing these boxes stacked upon each other :cool:

tigerboxstack.jpg

Here you go, cb911, isn't that awesome? :cool:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Moxiemike said:
How about new g5s with a tiger inspired grille :D :D

h=

I'm sorry, but I don't see that big of a difference. It seems to have more of raised look though.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
How about the grille punched of a diamond design instead of circular holes. So in a way the pattern lines up, you get a whole bunch of Xs on the front. Besides, diamond shaped grilles are more efficient design.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Lacero said:
How about the grille punched of a diamond design instead of circular holes. So in a way the pattern lines up, you get a whole bunch of Xs on the front. Besides, diamond shaped grilles are more efficient design.

I would think that if it's a more efficient design for cooling, that Apple would change. Cooling seems to be of ever increasing importance with higher speed.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The XServe rear cooling vents have a hexagonal design, more efficient than circular air grilles. Same with square holes in the front of the XServe cluster nodes.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
jimsowden said:
Anyone notice the box changed slightly to include the top and bottom part of the x?
indextitle20050412.jpg

Yep... noticed it from when it was first announced - I didn't really like the "full X" thing they were doing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.