Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abbas374

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2022
I just bought MacBook Air M1 8gb 512gb with 99% battery charge capacity and 26 count cycle. I have done all performance maximise settings of battery settings. I just noticed today when I unplugged the charger my device temperature was arrant 45 to 47 degree Celsius. Is it normal? I live in a hot country. where average room temperature is around 32 to 37 degrees. The main problem I faced that I unplugged at 91% but after shutting down when I opened again it was 95% then I shut it down. I opened AFTER one hour then it jumped too 98%. I am not getting the reason. Battery capacity is still 99% and cycles are 26. is there any problem? Kindly Explain this to me.

yitwail

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2011
I can't answer your question about battery capacity but 45 to 47 degree Celsius is a bit high. I live in Hawaii by the way so it's warm here, but the machine temperature is usually 30 to 32. When you see 45 or 47, check % CPU in Activity Monitor to see which apps are using the most CPU. If you see dasd at the top of the list, you can ignore that, it's something that runs when there's basically nothing else running in the machine.

Reactions: Abbas374

yitwail

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2011
Normal temps are between 45C-65C, so you have a normal computer.

I think that's an oversimplification. The article also said, "As the normal CPU temperature varies from model to model, it’s a bit difficult to point out a precise number that can be the best representative for all", and an M1 MacBook should run cooler than an Intel MacBook, all things being equal. But 45-47C isn't dangerously high by any means.

Reactions: Abbas374

Abbas374

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2022
I can't answer your question about battery capacity but 45 to 47 degree Celsius is a bit high. I live in Hawaii by the way so it's warm here, but the machine temperature is usually 30 to 32. When you see 45 or 47, check % CPU in Activity Monitor to see which apps are using the most CPU. If you see dasd at the top of the list, you can ignore that, it's something that runs when there's basically nothing else running in the machine.
Bro hawaii average temperature of outside is 29 to 30 degree Celsius but our is 40 to 45 C

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.