Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Any old Apple notebook or are you looking for a specific model? Just do some searches in this forum. One person put a biometrics deal where his right speaker is. Another put a wuxga screen in his PowerBook. Some people paint their machines to make then unique.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
No what they are saying is that the MacBook Pro only comes in 15.4" and 17" flavors. The MacBook is 13.3". There are some rather significant differences between the MacBook and the MacBook Pro.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I've bought a 13" MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo 2.0GHZ, 1GB RAM and 80GB hard drive. I've not received it yet but I would like to know people's opinions and experiences with this particular Apple laptop, whether they've had any issues or problems with it, basically the overall picture. Anything that can contribute about this laptop would be great because it will then confirm what I think to be a great choice.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

good luck with it :)

Exodemia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Any model and I was thinking more on the functional and practical side of modding i.e. adding new features etc.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Any model and I was thinking more on the functional and practical side of modding i.e. adding new features etc.

The only thing I have ever really seen is that someone added a fingerprint reader to his MacBook Pro, but that looked fairly ugly and IMO, is not very useful

makismagoo99

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2006
I have had a MacBook for almost a year and have been extremely happy with it. The size is great because it's very portable. It was my first new computer in 5 years so to me it is screaming fast. The only issue I have is with the heat. I rarely use it on my lap because of that. But I can deal with it.

marine610610

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2007
Well, yeah, you can clean the dirt. But bodily fluids such as sweat also seem to affect the material, making the trackpad and keys look greasy after a couple of weeks. I haven't been able to remove it, so it's something you'll have to live with.

Hopefully thats the only body fluid getting on your Macbook. :)

BTW Beer, water and food are also bad for your Macbook. I keep all such things at a distance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.