Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShootingStarPho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Since the announcement of the 14” and 16” MacBook Pros, there was not any release of any:

• Sleeves (Leather or Otherwise)
  • Keyboard Covers
  • Cases of some ilk
I’m especially concerned there is no KeyBoard Cover (like this one for the 2019 16”):

26446949-D0AF-4F5F-92A9-A9F52FE1D872.jpeg

Since these do not seem to exist yet (even from Apple directly, except a cloth they sell now),
please post any cases, covers, and sleeves for these MacBook Pro designs!

Last edited:
Reactions: clayhalo

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
Since the announcement of the 14” and 16” MacBook Pros, there was not any release of any:

• Sleeves (Leather or Otherwise)
  • Keyboard Covers
  • Cases of some ilk

Since these do not seem to exist yet (even from Apple directly, except a weird cloth they sell now), please post any cases, covers, and sleeves for these MacBook Pro designs!

NEO SLEEVE FOR MACBOOK

Attachments

• B233BAB0-62F1-4649-9A8E-55E0C3F195EF.jpeg
    B233BAB0-62F1-4649-9A8E-55E0C3F195EF.jpeg
    843.3 KB · Views: 288

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
I learned my lesson the $900 way. Because of this, I never, never, never purchase a Macbook without getting a case. The silver lining to having to wait a month for my 10-core 14" MBP is knowing there will be a few protective case options by then.

If anyone sees stuff crop up for the 2021 models, post them here please.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts

NEO SLEEVE FOR MACBOOK

Yup, and on that same note...
and
(the one I ordered)

DonHS

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2020
I would be more interested in a shell for the new MacBooks because you can actually use a lot of bags for e.g. 14 inch devices. According to the dimensions most of them would fit.

madisonm

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
I ordered a case from Herschel and it looks to be very similar to the old Incase sleeve I had.

From what I’ve read online, this case had room to spare with last generation’s MBP. Unfortunately this is strictly speaking about the 15/16 size, there is no 14 inch size yet.

• Sad
Reactions: ideaprison and jyyz

applekev

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2021
It maybe depends what type of case you are looking for but you can check out Etsy, where some shops already offer cases for the new 14" and 16" Macbook Pro. Especially leather and hard cases are very popular on the site.

tdbrown75

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
I've just confirmed with Native Union customer support that their current Stow Lite Sleeve for 16" MacBook is compatible with the new 16" MacBook Pro 2021.

This particular zippered sleeve is not sold through Apple but available from Native Union directly.

Thank you for this. I have the Stow Slim and there's no way its going to fit. It's super tight on the sides even with the existing machine, and the new one is thicker and lacks tapered edges. Going to pickup a Lite for it instead.

Tim

Reactions: Dopestar and klky

Maaaako

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2021
Wondering when Moshi will release their clear guard keyboard cover for the new MacBook Pros. Those are always good.
I wonder if we can buy the magic keyboard cover that is already available with Moshi. Does any know if the magic keyboard size is the same size as the new keyboards on the MacBook Pro?

Reactions: ShootingStarPho

ShootingStarPho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
I wonder if we can buy the magic keyboard cover that is already available with Moshi. Does any know if the magic keyboard size is the same size as the new keyboards on the MacBook Pro?
I don’t think so; the geometric shaping of the corner keys will likely be misshapen and not work.

I do hope that keyboard cover manufacturers are gearing up and getting the ball rolling. I am someone that like to preserve the keys of their machines with a silicone covering; it also makes cleanliness simpler.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Thank you for this. I have the Stow Slim and there's no way its going to fit. It's super tight on the sides even with the existing machine, and the new one is thicker and lacks tapered edges. Going to pickup a Lite for it instead.

Tim

Now that I've received both my M1 Max 16" MBP and Native Union Stow Lite Sleeve, I can personally confirm that it fits perfectly. I was a bit worried that it might be too snug with the added thickness of the new models but it's not an issue. It's like the sleeve was designed specifically for this year's model.

The Stow Lite feels very well made and looks great. Highly recommended.

tdbrown75

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
Now that I've received both my M1 Max 16" MBP and Native Union Stow Lite Sleeve, I can personally confirm that it fits perfectly. I was a bit worried that it might be too snug with the added thickness of the new models but it's not an issue. It's like the sleeve was designed specifically for this year's model.

The Stow Lite feels very well made and looks great. Highly recommended.

Thank you! I got my Lite yesterday, now I just need that perfect fitting MacBook Pro! Appreciate you taking the time to come provide an update, thanks again.

Tim

Reactions: Dopestar and klky

DonHS

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2020
The Moshi 14 inch keyboard cover for the Magic Keyboard fits in terms of dimensions. However, the one I ordered is very dark so you don’t see the backlit keyboard and some of the F keys do not have the correct icons printed on them.
So for now this works but as soon as there are special ones for the new Macbooks I would order one.

Any news concerning a hard shell?

ShootingStarPho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
The Moshi 14 inch keyboard cover for the Magic Keyboard fits in terms of dimensions. However, the one I ordered is very dark so you don’t see the backlit keyboard and some of the F keys do not have the correct icons printed on them.
So for now this works but as soon as there are special ones for the new Macbooks I would order one.

Any news concerning a hard shell?
Do you mean this one? The Arrow keys don’t match!

E060AA08-1EFF-49E4-81DD-E9B9A46C7A09.jpeg

https://www.moshi.com/en/product/clearguard-keyboard-protector/magic-keyboard-with-touch-id-lock-key/?model=196

osterix

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2021
The Von Holzhausen The MacBook 16" Portfolio from Apple's website should fit based on the dimensions.

I was very surprised Apple didn't release any first party cases/sleeves to go with these latest MBPs. Hopefully later. In any case, I may pickup the Von Holzhausen as it looks pretty nice.
Picked this up today for the new 16” and it’s a really tight squeeze- in order to get the portfolio fully closed I had to really push it into the sleeve. it seems the portfolio’s tight on the bottom and sides where the old form factor was slimmer due to the taper

I think I’m going to return and hold out for an option made to fit the new form factor.

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Picked this up today for the new 16” and it’s a really tight squeeze- in order to get the portfolio fully closed I had to really push it into the sleeve. it seems the portfolio’s tight on the bottom and sides where the old form factor was slimmer due to the taper

I think I’m going to return and hold out for an option made to fit the new form factor.
Sorry to hear that. Did you get it directly from Apple? Their online support told me it would fit but I ultimately went with a zippered case from Native Union (Stow Lite Sleeve) which fits perfectly and seems more protective. Hope you find one that you like and thanks for the update.

osterix

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2021
Sorry to hear that. Did you get it directly from Apple? Their online support told me it would fit but I ultimately went with a zippered case from Native Union (Stow Lite Sleeve) which fits perfectly and seems more protective. Hope you find one that you like and thanks for the update.
Yep, I got it directly from apple today. No biggie though- all part of the fun of being an early adopter

I’ll check out the Stow Lite Sleeve. Thanks ??

DoorsFreak87

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2020
Anyone test out the m1 max 16inch with a tomtoc 360? May be a tight fit but tomtoc mentions "new 16inch". The 14.2 inch is also showing up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.