Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Galaxas0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Post about the little things that have changed in Mac OS XI here. Note that this is a wiki post, which means that you can add directly to this post.

NOTE: As always this is NOT a thread for bugs, questions, or troubleshooting the betas. All posts must present a new feature or function, or new behaviour not mentioned in the keynote. Please screenshot where necessary. Comments on features are welcome, but stay on topic. This is also not a thread for whining about missing features, complaining, in-fighting, or personal agendas. Keep this informative and to the topic at hand.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
macOS 11!
Well, someone didn't get the memo...

zI3txwA.png

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So... is Big Sur the actual name of the OS, I couldn't tell from Craig if they were masking the name from competitors, or it's actually going to be called "big sur"...

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
It's the name - what advantage would it give them to hide the name?

I heard Craig talk about the competitors stealing their OS names, something along those lines, and I guess I missed what was said completely. So when Craig mentioned it's being called Big Sur, I thought that was a place holder, made up name.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I heard Craig talk about the competitors stealing their OS names, something along those longs, and I guess I missed what was said completely. So when Craig mentioned it's being called Big Sur, I thought that was a place holder, made up name.
It was just a joke. A variant of the long-running 'crack marketing team', 'macOS Weed', etc.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Just a tip:

If you create INSTALL MEDIA for a fresh install, TURN WIFI OFF right after you boot from it, or it will try to download the installer all over again over WiFi! Your WiFi network details must be cached in EFI somewhere for the installer happily joins your network without asking you.

I was wondering why the install was taking a million years, then noticed on my router it was downloading a ton of data. I restarted and turned off WiFi after booting from the install media, and now it's installing correctly from the USB drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.