Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen6

macrumors G4
I'll let the dust settle, cant comment on an OS I've not used, nor any real complaint with W10. Upcoming ARM Mac's are the most interesting and potentially promising thing Apple has done in many a year. Hopefully Apple won't ratchet them down excessively.

Not this year, however if balanced reviews & users experience is good might be tempted, equally would be a lot more tempted to an IPP & KB device running macOS as opposed to a basic clamshell notebook. Would be a tall order to drop W10 and it's Pen & Touch capabilities in smaller format devices.

Q-6

Reactions: kazmac and LeeW

topcat001

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2019
I never pick any sides. I like all three systems and use which one suits my needs with the task I need to perform. I do prefer macOS for daily use on top of some professional needs. Windows 10 gets too in your face at times. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

In the same boat.

in macOS I am able to utilize the multiple desktop PER monitor. Windows 10 I need to switch the multiple desktops for all three monitors at once.

This is a big peeve of mine. So much so I wrote a per-desktop window manager app for Windows which I now use daily. This was driving me insane on my work system with three monitors. It's not a common featue on Linux either. I copied the behaviour of Xmonad for my Windows app.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Not this year, however if balanced reviews & users experience is good might be tempted

The sensible part of me says "You know it's a bad idea to consider 1st gen anything", but the geek in me says "Get in on the ground floor, you know it's trouble, but you want to try it".

Reactions: kazmac and Queen6

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
It has, no question, but there's still an incredible lack of consistency with Windows, its almost like they don't care about fixing what's already there (visually). I understand that they've been wanting to kill off the control panel, but it has apps that system administrators rely on, and UWP as of yet cannot do.

Windows is all over the place with UI - drives me nuts. But OS performance is better than macOS (my experience) and it is very, very stable. I have not had a Windows crash this year.

I use the Control Panel all the time.

Windows 10 runs on old hardware far better than macOS. But I would pick macOS any day of the week over Windows if cost were not a factor.

grmlin

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2015
I wanted to scan something a moment ago and Windows gave me this. LOL Microsoft, it's amazing that something that common (scanning stuff) still looks like it's straight out of Windows 98 or something.

scan.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.