Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Photos still runs terribly slow. It took 15 minutes to export 10 jpeg's yesterday. They are all 45 MP images but Mojave Photos took about 10 seconds to do this. Catalina Photos is inconsistent. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes, which is still a lot, sometimes it takes 15 minutes to do a really simple task.

And this keeps happening after clean installing each point update from scratch. I don't know what's wrong with the imageconversionservice process. It's taking way too long to do a really simple thing, and while it's running the entire OS is sluggish, including simple things like watching youtube. FPS drops for all kinds of activity.

Reactions: gank41

vodkaPT

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
my mbp 13 2019 is connected to a external 4k screen.

Normally the laptop screen is down, but the MBP is unusable with the laptop screen down, after sleep may fail to recover

Screens dont fire up.

The laptop when for months without restarting to everyday. Plus now I have to have the laptop screen up just to prevent the screens to go black after returning from sleep.

Reactions: LBInjSurfer

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
10.15.4 has disabled my front usb-c port on my 2017 nTB MBP, no power or data. SMC and NVRAM resets don't fix it.

LBInjSurfer

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
NJ Pine Barrens
I'm also having an issue with my external monitor, an ASUS 27". I've been lucky that in over 12 years of owning a Mac (modern) I've yet to have an issue with anything. After the 10.15.4 update I have issues with my external monitor not "waking up" when I move the mouse or press on the keyboard. I now have to lift the lid of my 13" 2018 MBP with Touch Bar then type my login password.. occasionally it will flicker and then not respond, other times I'll get a green screen (on the external monitor), most of the time it will flicker and then come back and be useable.

vodkaPT

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm also having an issue with my external monitor, an ASUS 27". I've been lucky that in over 12 years of owning a Mac (modern) I've yet to have an issue with anything. After the 10.15.4 update I have issues with my external monitor not "waking up" when I move the mouse or press on the keyboard. I now have to lift the lid of my 13" 2018 MBP with Touch Bar then type my login password.. occasionally it will flicker and then not respond, other times I'll get a green screen (on the external monitor), most of the time it will flicker and then come back and be useable.

I found a workaround for this. If an external monitor is connected never but never close the mbp screen.

Then works fine, otherwise you're just asking for problems... something on this update went really bad regarding external screens. Hope that apple fixes this soon.

At the end of the day, either disconnect the external screen and flip the screen, or turn the pc off. but never never sleep mode with external screen connected and main screen off.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
no luck in safe mode, either. I'm guessing that's a pretty bad sign.

The next thing I would suggest is calling Apple Support and speak with an advisor, possibly a senior level advisor. The call will be free. This is what I would do.

Reactions: jabbr

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
The next thing I would suggest is calling Apple Support and speak with an advisor, possibly a senior level advisor. The call will be free. This is what I would do.
yea, probably the best thing to do. This computer is way outta warranty and I don't want to spend hundreds to get a single port fixed... especially when it seemed to happen directly after the update :)

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
yea, probably the best thing to do. This computer is way outta warranty and I don't want to spend hundreds to get a single port fixed... especially when it seemed to happen directly after the update :)

Try running diagnostics next.

Last edited:

ctbritt

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Washington, DC
Anyone having any trouble with Music not adding Apple Music songs or even being able to access their iCloud Library? I'm on Beta 3 of 10.15.5. I keep getting the dreaded 11444 and 9,039 errors. Apple Music and ICML works fine on iOS betas.

Obagleyfreer

macrumors member
May 9, 2016
New Zealand
Noticed this weird bug. I’m running the latest Catalina update on my MacBook Pro and also latest update on my iPhone SE 2020 and for some reason my MacBook thinks I have an iPhone 4......? I’ve never even owned an iPhone 4. I’m so confused as to why. AirDrop shows it as SE, my iCloud shows it as an SE, every where it’s an SE except here. Any ideas?

Attachments

• FCD5BD6B-A904-48B6-AC6F-245E93290C1B.jpeg
    FCD5BD6B-A904-48B6-AC6F-245E93290C1B.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 208

yeah3x

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
I just got a new Macbook Pro 16 inch. I set it up as a new system with almost nothing installed so far. It seems like every time it goes into sleep mode it crashes from a kernel panic. I'm on Catalina 10.15.4. Is there a solution?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Reactions: gank41

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
I just got a new Macbook Pro 16 inch. I set it up as a new system with almost nothing installed so far. It seems like every time it goes into sleep mode it crashes from a kernel panic. I'm on Catalina 10.15.4. Is there a solution?

Did you install any legacy or an old app? I had Photoshop CS6 which was causing me those those issues.
[automerge]1589813333[/automerge]
Guys anyone with issues with the iGPU on the 16"? What I mean by this is every time I wake up my computer from sleep and head to Reddit or Imgur my system becomes super sluggish.

Like I attempt to mouse over the dock and it's super stuttering all over the place, as soon as I fire up the Navi GPU it's all good but once it does the switching back to the iGPU again.. There comes the "lag"

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
On the latest public beta and scrolling in the News app feels much much smoother - no idea why it has taken this long.

nutbunnies

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
Got a new 13" last week and sold my 2015 13" with Mojave. I get frequent and odd delays in Safari plus app and framework lockups. Console has a lot of "Invalid display 0x00000000" and "0 is not a valid connection ID." reports from the SkyLight framework in WebKit. Tried resetting NVRAM and even an OS reinstall but the issues persist. Most maddening OS I've ever used.

DinkThifferent

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
Darn it, Apple! I thought you guys would finally release 10.15.5 today! :( The red dot on my system settings implying there's an update available has been annoying me for too long now.

DinkThifferent

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
Took about 35 minutes to install. Quite a long time for a 2019 iMac, but that's fine! As long as it works, which it did for me! It's a cliche but my Mac feels more responsive: One thing i have noticed so far is that the widgets on the notification screen load much faster than before and also logging in goes a bit faster.

Unfortunately, my picture is still not visible at the Apple ID section of System Settings (but is visible in the app store) but the (1) update notification on the icon is fortunately gone.

It finally feels like this is what Catalina was supposed to be.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It finally feels like this is what Catalina was supposed to be.
Yeah, finally, three weeks before the next major release is revealed... Sometimes I think I should update all my devices in June. That way I always have the most polished version of an operating system. But then you see all the new features of the next OS...

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
No dmg image for download yet....

It would be convenient to have such an option though.
I’m seeing both the update and the combo update file, are you talking about that? Is it possible to make an install pen-drive with any of those files?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.