Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I use a small utility called Scroll Reverser. It was not working at first, but then I just realized I needed to give it permissions in the accessibility pane on the privacy settings (it did not have a pop up on first run).

smartmiller

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2015
Berlin
are you sure it's bartender that's causing the issue? hope u sort it out...

Yes , only if Bartender is installed or activated.

I sorted it out, it took a long time. I started new, installed it new and so on...probably a combination with another app causes this issue.

Edit:

I changed some setting in Bartener and now it works. But there are so many combination possibilities...really don't know what it was?

Last edited:
Reactions: fisherking

dcardoso

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
Anyone getting Boom 3D to work in the latest public beta?

It's not outputting any sound to me when the app is running. Not seeing any preference under the Privacy -> Microphone settings.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Anyone getting Boom 3D to work in the latest public beta?

It's not outputting any sound to me when the app is running. Not seeing any preference under the Privacy -> Microphone settings.

boom 2 is good here, not sure about the newer version. have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

jgag@2

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2015
Herts, UK
Paperless (2.4.1) is not working
I have been in contact with Mariner support who have confirmed they regard it as a PDF issue Apple need to resolve

(sorry can't find option to edit wiki page)

inismor

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
Apps that are working
MySQLWorkbench (6.3.7)
NeoFinder (7.2.1)
Newton Mail

If NeoFinder was already installed on your system when you upgraded, it works. If you try to install it new, crash on launch.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
This thread is for posting the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to app compatibility with macOS Mojave DB 1. Make sure to update the first page, instead of making individual posts. This is a wiki post. Please keep the apps alphabetized.

Apps that are working
1Password
Acorn 6.1.3
Adobe Director
VMWare Fusion (10.1.2)
VMWare Fusion e.x.p. 2018 Tech Preview
Vox
Waltr 2 (2.6.8)
WebEx Teams (3.0.8519.0)
Wunderlist
Zoc Terminal (7.18.4)

Apps that work but are having problems
Agenda (funky UI rulers cut off first couple of columns of notes) (Beta 2 seems to fix)
Airmail 3 (white background over account names for some reason)
Lightrooom - The application crashes when trying to import from an SD card. Other functions seem to work

Apps that don't work at all
Aerial Screensaver
BetterTouchTool (see thread for update, working beta release at https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13005)
VyprVPN
VMWare Horizon Client (Older version 4.1 works. Current version 4.7 does not)
VirtualBox

Anyone tested VMware Horizon Client for compatibility as of late? The CURRENT version when the OP was written seems to have been 4.7 (which didn't work). Since then 4.8 dropped, and as of today, 4.9 is available. Could someone be so kind as to confirm if this version works? (Actually displays the remote VM's screen when connecting.)

greymda

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2018
is AdGuard browser extension working for anybody?
mine was ok, but a couple of days ago it disappeared and cannot install it back anymore.

dcardoso

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
I've got Boom 3D running. By running the following command in the terminal: "
/Applications/Boom\ 3D.app/Contents/MacOS/Boom\ 3D &!"

This makes it ask for permissions to control the microphone, by running it normally it wasn't asking for permissions. It sets the permission to the Terminal app though, but it then runs in the background, so you can close the Terminal app.

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
is AdGuard browser extension working for anybody?
mine was ok, but a couple of days ago it disappeared and cannot install it back anymore.
It worked for me before I switch to Wipr. You can still install extensions not in the App Store.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Microsoft Excel 2011 (gives needs updating warning, templates pane is unreadable, continues to work)
Microsoft Word 2011 (gives needs updating warning, templates pane is unreadable, continues to work)

Strangely Office 2011 works with no issues - just updated 2 MBP's one with office 2016 and one with 2011. I still prefer excel 2011 and word 2011 both work with no issues so far - templates included

I did reinstall the last update manually from the Microsoft web site 14.7.7 ( not the update from within excel) also had to activate the software by phone - but in the end it seems to work just fine on Mojave beta 9

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
That's good to hear. Same goes for Photoshop CC? Do you use a tablet by chance? I've read people have trouble with pressure sensitivity not working?

Ha! I don’t use a tablet. Memory tells me that there are/were issues and that tablet issues vary by vendor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.