Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
Can't reconnect Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Magic Keyboard over Bluetooth when they are paired to multiple devices. Have to use physical lightning cable.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Can't reconnect Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Magic Keyboard over Bluetooth when they are paired to multiple devices. Have to use physical lightning cable.
I’ve been having this issue after every reboot. Having to connect both with a cable to use them again.

Reactions: NME42

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
Watch unlock no longer working for me. Have to enter password every time I want to unlock Mac. Once in, it works fine when Mac wants system password or 1password access. Also works fine on my non-Monterey Mac. Bit frustrating.

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
My Bluetooth headset audio desyncs while watching video. There is a hickup in the video and then it's off by half a second. I have to restart the video or turn off /on Bluetooth to fix it.

Fordski

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2020
Watch unlock no longer working for me. Have to enter password every time I want to unlock Mac. Once in, it works fine when Mac wants system password or 1password access. Also works fine on my non-Monterey Mac. Bit frustrating.
I had a similar problem and I found logging out of your Apple ID on your Mac and back in solved it.

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
I had a similar problem and I found logging out of your Apple ID on your Mac and back in solved it.
Turns out my watch had a beta profile on it for WatchOS7 and that had prevented it from updating to WatchOS8. Once I removed that and updated my Watch, it started unlocking again.

Reactions: Fordski

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
FaceTime in full screen during a video call spins up the fans on my machine to full blast (2020 MBP 13" Intel) when also connected to an external display.

netchov

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2020
Save Attachment As in mail does not work.
QuickTime volume icon is not in the right place when you open video.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Magic mouse 2 looses scrolling after Mac is returning from sleep mode. Turning it off and on fixes it. Happened a couple of times now. Very annoying.
i started a thread about this, & reported (twice!) on feedback assistant. hopefully, a fix with first beta/update. meanwhile, turning the mouse off, then back on, fixes it temporarily.

jkpark78

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
MacOS 12.0.1
MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro in clam shell mode connected to LG 5K monitor.

Happened to me twice already today - coming out of sleep, Magic Trackpad 2 - gestures don't work. Two fingered swipe to go back and front on safari is ok, but rest of mission gestures, etc don't work. Requires reboot.

Kasco45

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2021
Variable refresh rate causes flickering on unsupported displays especially on YouTube videos and for some reason the setting to force 60hz doesn't seem to stick at all which is extremely annoying.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Anyone else got the issue I have? In Finder when I'm grouping by "Kind" it only ever splits everything into two groups: Folders and Other. On Mojave there were much more categories, in particular "Images" and "Videos"

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
iCloud drive doesn't seem to be able to download. This is what I get when trying to download a file locally.

1635440022506.png

I've turned iCloud Drive off and on and it didn't help.

Reactions: timbur98

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Anyone else's Photos app seem to be stuck processing their library? Mine has been stuck at the same section of the progress bar for a couple days now.

BaruchZed

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2021
This is a wikiPost that will be updated regularly.

Current Bugs:
  • No sound in Plex https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/frontrunning-the-macos-issues-plex-has-no-sound.2299627
  • Most VPN apps are broken Seems to be partially resolved in Beta 2 (Wireguard works, NordVPN does not)
  • Safari's color matching top not perfect yet
  • Can't use dynamic pictures from Big Sur as desktop
  • Universal Control apparently not included in Beta 1,2, 3 and 4
  • Some UI elements (like the Dock or Safari Tab Bar) might look blurred Seems to be resolved in Beta 2
  • Network mounts are displayed on the desktop with a hard-drive icon
  • handwritten messages do not show up in Message
  • Mouse/Trackpad input might be laggy
  • Safari Tab Group Sync between iOS 15 beta 1 and Monterey don't seem to work
  • Private Relay in System Settings automatically reenabled after some time
  • Hide IP Address in Safari automatically reenabled after some time
  • 3D Globe in Maps unavailable on Intel macs (is available on Big Sur and lower)
  • Quick Look no longer plays videos. Rebooting corrected this.
  • "Reset the Bluetooth module" and other Debug features (like resetting paired Apple Devices) not available in the Bluetooth menu using Option+Shift anymore
  • Lumix G9 Burst Raw files cannot be opened by OS inbuilt apps. ( finder, photos, preview ). Third party apps using apple RAW engine seem to work.
  • Magic Mouse 2 looses scrolling after Mac returns from sleep mode. Mouse off/on fixes it.
Most of my smart mailboxes disappeared with this upgrade, and it looks as if some mail also disappeared with them. Very disappointing.

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
i started a thread about this, & reported (twice!) on feedback assistant. hopefully, a fix with first beta/update. meanwhile, turning the mouse off, then back on, fixes it temporarily.

It looks fixed on my 2019 27" iMac since yesterday. All I did was a SMC reset (shutdown, unplug power cord, leave it unplugged for a couple of minutes, put power cord back, power-on). Someone on the Apple discussion forums suggested this.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
It looks fixed on my 2019 27" iMac since yesterday. All I did was a SMC reset (shutdown, unplug power cord, leave it unplugged for a couple of minutes, put power cord back, power-on). Someone on the Apple discussion forums suggested this.
will try that today, thanks!

EDIT: just installed the 12.1 beta, will see first if that fixes it...

Last edited:

jakeenzo

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Spatial Audio is broken for Apple Music. Tried testing with my Air Pod Pro's and see the error "Spatial Audio - Not Available". Seems a lot of other people are having the same issue.

macOS 12.0.1
MacBook Pro M1 13"

drdudj

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2021
Oregon
Magic Mouse 2, lost scrolling, went to sys pref/mouse/set up bluetooth mouse, clicked on that and got the spinning wheel, forever. closed out, restarted and everything was ok. yesterday I shut the lid, gone for an hour or so, came back, opened lid, back up and running and then discovered the 2 finger left/right swipe wasn't working. thought I would see if "set up bluetooth" would work this time, nope. restarted and everything ok. went to "set up bluetooth" and clicked, spinning and spinning, and I shut the mouse off, then back on, and all of a sudden it found the mouse and listed it's name, and all is working ok, for now. or is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.