Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pischu12

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2020
Has anyone with OCLP 1.4.3 on their MacPro6,1 risked installing the Sonoma 14.5 update yet? 😬
Running it as we speak and it's working as it should ( actually really really well) ....the only thing I have not tried yet is the "FaceTime" bug but I have had multiple "teams" ad "zoom" meetings with no video issues what so ever. As noted as well faster disk access ( original apple SSD 1200+/1350 + W/R) and bench marks ( Geekbench) are all faster in Sonoma vs Monterey ( whom I loved the basic layout so very much better - especially in system preferences) . Temperatures are also perfect on normal usage :)

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.23.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.23.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 9.26.57 PM.png

pischu12

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2020
What app is giving you those temperature readings that you screenshotted? It doesn't look familiar.

Thanks for the confirmation that Sonoma 14.5 is safe to install 👍
Thank you !!!! The application is Mac Fan Control ; Unfortunately I just FaceTimed family ( my first opportunity with a Thunderbolt Display - the older amazing one ) you still only see their picture icon vs. they video feed ..... maybe in the future there will be a fix ? With best wishes.

Riot Nrrrd

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Lost Androideles
Thank you !!!! The application is Mac Fan Control ; Unfortunately I just FaceTimed family ( my first opportunity with a Thunderbolt Display - the older amazing one ) you still only see their picture icon vs. they video feed ..... maybe in the future there will be a fix ? With best wishes.

Ah, thank you. I use TG Pro (Temperature Gauge Pro) and it doesn't look like that, so I wondered.

That's too bad about FaceTime ... I don't use it (too old/ugly) but I hope someone figures out how to fix it.

Reactions: pischu12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.