Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fartferociously

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2023

The blue "to subscribe or unsubscribe" button shows up but isn't clickable. I'm using Safari 16.6 on my MacBook (Ventura 13.5.1).

Am I just doing it wrong? I'd like to sign up for push notifications so I can see news as it goes live, especially with the September event under 2 weeks away.

Edit: Temporarily disabling AdGuard solved the issue. I was able to resubscribe. Sorry for the wasted thread, feel free to delete this. Thanks.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
There should be a red button under that "To Subscribe or Unsubscribe" text. Do you not see it? If not, do you have any blockers installed that might prevent it from loading?

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 9.34.35 AM.JPG

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
From this past Friday evening the MacRumors notifications have stopped for me on safari. Have tried chrome and they too have stopped coming through on that. Other web notifications are coming in fine.

Anyone else with this issue?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
They are indeed still broken. We have a support ticket open with our provider.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get an answer on the status of our support ticket. They are still not working.

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
Hi, just to add I’m subscribed to push notifications but not receiving any on my MacBook running Sonoma. As an aside has anyone been able to subscribe to push notifications using safari on an iPhone, it is supposed to work on iOS 17?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Push notifications for articles *should* be working on Mac as of yesterday, at least they have been for me. Let us know if they're still broken for others.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Push notifications for articles *should* be working on Mac as of yesterday, at least they have been for me. Let us know if they're still broken for others.

I re subscribed about 20 min ago but still didn't get the last article that was just posted. I also noticed that the confirmed notification that I got when I re subbed didn't have the MacRumors logo like before, it just had the safari logo.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Not a desktop Q but I'd like push notifications to work on the 13 Mini (17.2.1). MR account prefs have them all ticked but also with a message that my device isn't supported. Why would that be?

push.jpg

neil.cornwell

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2008
Not working for me. I can't even subscribe. When I try to click on this button, nothing happen i.e. I can't even select it

1705738451374.png

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
I have a MR bookmark icon placed on an iOS (iPhone) screen, with the hope that I’ll get a notification update. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work (as per my post #22) also.

Has anyone else got this working? Trying to set-up it just tells me that my device (13 Mini) isn’t supported.

Reactions: BiscoDino
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.