Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors Forums, the discussion section for MacRumors, MacBytes, MacPolls, DailyTunes, and iPodGear, has reached another milestone: two million forum posts. The two millionth post was made by member ITASOR at 6:27PM EST on Friday, December 23, 2005, in the Marketplace forum. Congratulations, ITASOR, and congratulations, MacRumors!

The first forum members joined in June 2000. Today, over five years later, there are over 63,000 registered members and over 168,000 forum threads. The forums cover Apple news and rumors, hardware and software, tips and help, and other topics of interest to the Macintosh community. The forums reached one million posts in August 2004.

Site developments this year included the launch of Mac Guides, a Wiki-based guide to Macintosh information maintained by forum members.

MacRumors once again thanks the members who visit the MacRumors family of sites, participate in the forums, and make MacRumors the success it is.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Nice! :D (although the MR forum itself reached 1,977,294 posts)

I did my part. Onward to 1 billion! I shall help whenever and wherever I can.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Lacero said:
Nice! :D (although the MR forum itself reached 1,977,294 posts)

I did my part. Onward to 1 billion! I shall help whenever and wherever I can.

So, you've gone from severe sarcasm to simply stating the obvious, have you?;)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
When will ITASOR be receiving his prize of a spanking new PowerBook for being the member who posted number 2,000,000? For the record, I would have been perfectly happy with an iBook.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
zelmo said:
So, you've gone from severe sarcasm to simply stating the obvious, have you?;)
If that happened, people would simply have stated it's probably nothing more than disappointment over the sarcastic spam monkey method not yielding the honor behind the 2 millionth post :eek:

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
Wow. I thought we were far away from 2 million I also thought there were only like 1,970,000 or something. Dahm, I wanted to make 1 last entry for the tar' contest.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Fantastic! Here's to the next two million! And how kewl is it that ITASOR was the lucky poster! :)

OTB
(hoisting a Stella Artois -- thanks to "Stella," whose sig file on here I had noticed several times, The other day I picked up a six-pack to try and discovered I really like this beer. Good stuff! Sheesh -- came to MacRumors expecting to learn about the Mac and all the Apple goodies, never thought I'd pick up a good recommendation for tasty beer, too! :) Yer all-purpose forum, this is....)

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
Hey I got post 1998754 and post 2000331 246+331=577+577=1154+1154=2308

The 246 post was:

What about 3D programming then. Why have MAYA officials officially announced that the MAC platform is superior in every way for their product. Maya if you dont know is the leading industry 2D/3D software package. For games PCs might be better, but as Low-End workstations, the closest to UNIX are macintoshes, not PCs. All developers are saying that the Macs are faster. You are an original PC user and you switched for a reason. Listen all im saying is that if A MAC was running bloody Windows 2000, it would run 10 times faster than MAC OS X. GET YOUR DUAL G4 and mail me. Ill bet you will be satisified by the speed.

The 331 post was:

The 577 post was:

one more thing about this, IMO, the newest imac's, aesthetically (I just remembered how to spell this word) sucks. I mean, flowers and dalmations? Give me a break? What is this a cabriolet (unfortunately I own a silver beetle, and it has a flower vase, so I should not tread in this water...)? They NEED to vamp the imacs and make them a bit more sheik, because the old imacs are getting old and boring. But, they are still one damn fine computer for the money...

--Adam

The 1157 post was:

Mac OS X is based on NeXTSTEP, the operating system developed by NeXT. When Apple acquired NeXT at the end of '97, it was to use their OS as the core of the future MacOS.

Rhapsody, an interrem between NeXTSTEP and Mac OS X basically is the latest version of NeXTSTEP, the structure is so similar. OS X is very much like NeXTSTEP in structure, but some pieces of the EOL'd Copeland OS project were brought in, with new GUI enhancements, etc.

But yes, there's no mistaking it, OS X is overall the most recent incarnation of NeXTSTEP.

blakespot

The 2308 post was:

Who really cares about a thin, thinner, thinest powerbook... The issue is performance a.k.a., function over form, not the pother way around.

Give me a thicker, faster,loaded Tibook over a "paper-thin," etc, etc... anyday!!!

What good is an apple skin without the tasty fruit inside???

priorities mates!!!!

And! I have no point.

DIXIE

macrumors member
MacRumors is Major League!!

MacRumors has attained this admirable point due to the following:

1) It allows the reasonable and quite often critical assessment of the Apple products we street level people buy and use. That other major discussion site either locks or deletes the valid topics that strike too close to the corporate nerve.

2) The posters to MacRumors are essentially a very interesting, gregarious, and knowledgeable group, who want the best to be attainable.

Well Done, MacRumors!

O..o..o..o..Rah!!! :D :D :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.