Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e-clipse

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Nashville,TN
:) Thank you very much! I really like the idea of giving the piece the human feel, by tempo changes. I will work on the track on the areas you specified. I need help from someone who can point me in the right direction, and you are it.

I am going to invest in the EWQLSO at a later date. Then I can switch out the samples over the track I have already, and get a better sound. It is like putting a turbo chip in a vehicle. :)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
The Truth said:
:eek: :D :mad: :(

Wow that really was random. I have to admire it for the technical knowledge that went into it... Still, I can't imagine my self humming it as I walk down the street.

:)
I'm working on totally random music at the moment.
Instead of keeping stuff in the same key, I'll allow it choose any note at all.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Ooh, this is fun! See what you think of my band. :)

I guess if everyone has to judge one particular song you might as well make it "Breathing" (the first one), or judge whichever one you like... it plays different songs randomly so make sure you are listening to what you think you are (if you see what I mean).

I'm at work at the moment but I'll have a listen to you other guys when no-ones looking over my shoulder :D

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Mr Skills said:
Ooh, this is fun! See what you think of my band. :)
yeah, nice work. recording and mixing were well done, and i like the arrangements. fyi -- i listened to Breathing and Something...

the only thing that bugged me a little is the vocal processing. the vocals sit nicely, but i think they could stand to have some more high-end, or "air". i have a term for this: "it makes me feel like i'm wearing a hat."

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Maxiseller said:
Just started work on a new piece that I thought it would be good to get peoples thoughts and ideas on:

It's a kinda "Gaelic Melody" which is based on simplicity and power - reflective in the wonderment of nature, and yet the simplicity of it.

Check out http://www.music-solutions.biz/irish.mp3 and let me know what you think!
Very nice, I liked it a lot. There was some clipping in the loud percussion at the end, but otherwise well done.
What instrument library did you use? I like the sound of that solo violin.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
zimv20 said:
sit nicely, but i think they could stand to have some more high-end, or "air". i have a term for this: "it makes me feel like i'm wearing a hat."

That's the really-low-bitrate streaming on MySpace I'm afraid, kills everything above about 12k, and much more noticeable on unmastered stuff.

My preferred phrase is "sounds like it's got a f***ing sock on it!" :D

iamhammill

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
York, PA
http://www.myspace.com/jakeandelong

The real singer can be heard on "If All Else Fails" We recorded that on iRiver the first time we got together, and have been too busy to record anything else.

The other songs are all done by me with GB, a 4 Track firewire interface and an 8 track mixer. Well except the Burrito Song, that was done on my old PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.