Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanB91

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I wouldn't mind signing it, but you could make the petition a little friendlier. I think your hardware requests are a bit much. I mean this is like asking for the moon: This sounds like you want them to have a hardware division devoted to games, to be like an Alienware or FalconNorthwest. I don't think Mac market share is there to do that. I think more modest proposals, like more GPU updates and better drivers is more in line.

They could use gaming to create demand for their products. It also seems shortsighted to have macs as part of a digital hub that includes entertainment such as music and movies, but not games. So I don't think they've really looked at it. I don't think its a calculated decision, I think its an oversight or lack of resources. Look if they had to move engineers from Leopard development over to the iPhone which delayed Leopard's release-what does it say about resources or ability to multi-task?

well a highly expandable comp isnt out of the question. look at the mac pro. (although its not really "highly" expandable like most pc's)

i might take that suggestion to post on insidemacgaes

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
well a highly expandable comp isnt out of the question. look at the mac pro. (although its not really "highly" expandable like most pc's)

Yea but look at the price tag on that mac pro. You don't need a $3K machine to have better than average gaming on the PC side. I guess its your choice of wording, "highly expandable computer." I'm all for a headless iMac type that would have some expandability, but without breaking the piggy bank. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.