Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jardines

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2022
Thank you very much as this solved the problem for me running Monterey 12.5.1. Apple Mail was taking about a minute to open with spinning beach ball.
Just where do I find-- delete ~/Library/Application Support/Mail/Plug-ins/Bundles/Library/Mail/Bundles/Properties.plist

Tapper

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I can see it as shown below on my Mac

1661630767259.png

Jardines

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2022
I can see it as shown below on my Mac

View attachment 2047924
I cannot find the same on my computer. Don't know how to find it. Perhaps you misunderstood--I have no trouble whatsoever opening the Mail App. Its when I try to read my emails that is the problem. The email appears but the body of the email takes several minutes to open for me to read.

Jardines

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2022
Holy smokes - that fixed my mail opening issue! Curious to know why, or which element with in the list was causing the issue. Any ideas?

Many thanks!
Just how do I get to the "delete/library/application support/mail/plug-ins/bundles/library/mail/bundles/properties.plist???????????

Tapper

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Darn, Mail.app just took 54 seconds to open so I deleted Properties.plist again to restore the app to instantly opening again. I compared the contents of the plist files and the only difference is the LastEventID key. Does anybody know what that key means? Below, the top plist is the old one and the bottom is the new one created after I deleted file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DeviceUUID</key>
<string>AAFAF339-41A8-4CE3-8450-B53051F5BC4D</string>
<key>LastEventID</key>
<integer>5655</integer>
</dict>
</plist>
================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DeviceUUID</key>
<string>AAFAF339-41A8-4CE3-8450-B53051F5BC4D</string>
<key>LastEventID</key>
<integer>7162257976344806327</integer>
</dict>
</plist>

Last edited:

lpuerto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Europe
No idea… I was thinking that perhaps was the last mail or something, but no.

To be honest with you, I'm thinking to set up a delete task on cron for this… quite annoying.

I also posted this awhile ago in the GPG tools support.

Please, feel free to contribute.

Jardines

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2022
My problem has been solved. It seems that all the new updates are not for the older macs with an intel processor. Yet Apple does not have a caveat stating not to install if your computer has the intel processor.
I have had an external hard drive installed with the new processor and everything is working as it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.