Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
Corporate logo tattoo? Maybe if you were the CEO/founder of a company but otherwise, no.

Tattoos are supposed to be personal/unique. I have a garter upper thigh and really small in the back it says "Staring is impolite". :)

I'll bet you Steve Jobs has one.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
WTF? Cocky Jeremy hasn't checked in yet, I better PM him... :confused:
Haha. I just checked the PM just now. Yes, it's me. As far as any feedback on here about it:

1) If your feedback is positive.. awesome.
2) If not.. don't look at it.

lol. It's mine, i like it, so i did it. If you don't.. too bad.
:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

Reactions: rhett7660

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
anyone else think the tattoo is terrible? not so much the idea of it, but the actual way it looks? I think I could of done a better job with a needle and a ink pen.

Considering it wasn't even finished being done in any of those pictures, let alone healed and touched up.. yeah, it wasn't perfect. I'm still waiting to get it touched up, actually. Another week or so of healing. :(

Corporate logo tattoo? Maybe if you were the CEO/founder of a company but otherwise, no.

Tattoos are supposed to be personal/unique. I have a garter upper thigh and really small in the back it says "Staring is impolite". :)
Tattoos aren't supposed to be anything. They're whatever the person that gets them wants them to be. Me, i love Apple. I don't think anything other than MMA shows what I'm all about more than the Apple logo itself.. it fits me perfectly. :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Hey what ever floats your boat. I'd probably not get a blue one but the apple logo is cool. A RedSox Tat would also be cool.

I have one or two tattoo ideas I'd like to get but there's not too many places on my body that doesn't have hair :eek: My pelt as my wife calls it pretty much makes getting tattoos out of the question :p

conch575

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2009
Sydney, Australia
he only tattoo I'd get would be one of those fake sleeve tattoos I can put on to be tough and take off to be wholesome.

Somehow I have this idea a fake sleeve tattoo would look awesome if you're wearing a suit... Sort of a major contrast type of thing.

Fake sleeve tattoos are cool! My cousin got one and my Aunty almost blew a gasket! Quite funny stuff, but thy are awesome!

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Finally went and got it touched up a few hours ago. Should have final product pictures up in 1-2 weeks once it's fully healed. :D

Unique Visuals

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
In the woods
I have one too

I have a apple logo on my left arm. Its about 1-1/2" tall. Colored and shaded like the one on the G4 cases. It was a quick cover-up of one that involved an ex wife. It was done in 97. Why? well I couldn't think of what I wanted and saw that the artist also had a G4 and saw the side and said do that. Mainly to me it just stands for me being a bit different than most.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
So, uh.. been more than a year. lol. Here's an update anyway.

Attachments

• large_image.jpg
    large_image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: rhett7660

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Um..... what's the name of your tattoo artist and shop? I want to make sure I never get a tattoo by them.

I don't have any problem with you getting an Apple logo tattoo (or anything else for that matter). Tattoos are a personal choice, and no one else should judge (unless asked). I have a few tattoos, I love them all, and I don't care if others don't approve.

I just think that your tattoo artist didn't do a very good job. The outline looks amateurish and the fill near the edges are uneven (especially near the bottom of the bite).

I'd recommend getting it touched up- I'd bet that if you find the right artist, they would be able to greatly improve your piece.

And don't shave so much around it.:p

/just sayin'

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Believe me, i know. I've had him touch it up like 3 times. He's horrible, but i'll get it touched up by someone else soon. As soon as my friends saw it they knew who did it. lol. I thought everyone in that shop was good, but after having it done i found out he was the one that sucks. I wish i'd known that before, but i'm sure it won't cost much to get fixed by someone good. I just wanted to add an updated pic since i completely forgot to over a year ago.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Nothing shows class and sophistication better than a massive, dark tattoo of a corporate logo.

"Think different"? No, just THINK!

On the upside, with this video on YouTube you are never further than a few clicks away from this guy:

Attachments

• extremeTattooPiercing.jpg
    extremeTattooPiercing.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 58

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Looks alright. Why not a smaller original Apple logo?

The original Apple logo is just a mess and the one that many people call the 'original' is not very masculine, apparently.

Attachments

• 82px-Apple_first_logo.png
    82px-Apple_first_logo.png
    19 KB · Views: 111
  • 108px-Apple_Computer_Logo_rainbow.svg.png
    108px-Apple_Computer_Logo_rainbow.svg.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 117

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Looks alright. Why not a smaller original Apple logo?

I just never liked the original logo very much. It's grown on me a little, but i like the solid logo much more. I guess i just think it looks a little cluttered.

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Wow, I was surprised to find my thread pop back up! Jeremy lets hope this thread stays judge free

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
anyone else think the tattoo is terrible? not so much the idea of it, but the actual way it looks? I think I could of done a better job with a needle and a ink pen.
This is way, way too late... but I'd just gotten it. It was literally still bleeding in the picture.. lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.