Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Yeah... This is very true. But I figured since it's not a program they charge for, it was worth a shot!

As my Mum always says... "if you don't ask, you don't get"

Your Mum is a very cool lady then :)

Let us know when you get a response.

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Your Mum is a very cool lady then :)

Let us know when you get a response.

She sure is!

So... there's a slightly newer version of SummerBoard out in the wild. I've installed it, let's see if this version is more stable!

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
its the same version

i installed it then uninstalled it... trip1pogo is actually showing my backgrounds which is interesting :)

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
i looked at the version i dloaded and installed manually and i looked at the version that is on comm. resources now...

the one on comm resources before was the one that crashed it

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
i got rid of summerboard and trip1 and am using a mod of springboard...

works great, no crashes ever....

however, wish I knew how to change my f
'n backgorund without installing one of those buggy ass programs (summerboard)

Arisian

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I take back everytihng I said about my SummerBoard not crashing, it started doing yesturday every few minutes! Even worse, after it crashed if I tried to run any other app it would run for 5 seconds then crash! It seems to be working ok now though, after I turned dim wallpaper off! I think there is a update for the iPod Touch version of SummerBoard that makes it a bit more stable, but I have no WiFi or SSH access so I cant install it :(

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
after further research ive determined that its not actually a background image, but its a overly thats not transparent...

so we need to figure out how to make the menu section transparent...

Arisian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.