Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
Here we go with another round of a monthly Challenge!

Was hoping I’d get something different for May but it seems to be hung up with giving me Exercise time based mostly 😅

What did everyone else get for May?
Hope it’s something you were after!
IMG_2133.jpeg

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
We all remember the crazy challenges in the past. But now the challenges are far too easy imho.
In May I have 11 times closing the green ring (60 min). Last month I´ve done it 14 times.
That is more backwards than forward. I will for sure do it without even watching the progress.
The medals are getting more and more useless.

cubodado

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2022
Torino
Here we go with another round of a monthly Challenge!

Was hoping I’d get something different for May but it seems to be hung up with giving me Exercise time based mostly 😅

What did everyone else get for May?
Hope it’s something you were after!
View attachment 2373358
Mine is very similar with 82 minutes per day, my April average.
IMG_3936.jpeg

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
"Earn this award by walking and running at least 3.75 mi on 14 different days this month. You've done it 0 times so far."

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it seems like Apple is making these monthly challenges much easier and more attainable than they used to be.

Kaylor

Contributor
Oct 18, 2011
Long Island, NY/Houston, TX
Hey, the Fitness app wants you to have some balance in your exercise life and not get burned out! :cool:
Hah, I took a look and realized that it was given to me based on my March stats… March was not kind to me fitness-wise. Between the weather, getting sick, and having a family member in the hospital for a while exercising got put on the back burner, and it would have been rude for me to go to the gym with the gnarly cough I was dealing with.

I find it interesting though that the notification started with “recently you (did xyz) X times…” and it isn’t even a rolling average, but randomly what I did two months ago. I have had challenges in the past that seemed more aligned with the trends (up and down arrows) in the fitness app though.

And I’m pretty sure that I’ve mentioned it before but I agree with the general sentiment around here that the monthly challenges have gotten dramatically easier. I feel like mine used to ramp up in difficulty until I would get one that would require me to be nearly perfect to complete, and I wouldn’t get a reasonable challenge for at least another month or two after that. I personally didn’t mind it - I would choose when I felt it was too much to push for and ignore it until I got something manageable again. It didn’t bother me as I’m not an obsessive badge chaser and wouldn’t get too bent if I didn’t feel like I could complete one.

I suppose Apple can’t please everyone.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Hah, I took a look and realized that it was given to me based on my March stats… March was not kind to me fitness-wise. Between the weather, getting sick, and having a family member in the hospital for a while exercising got put on the back burner, and it would have been rude for me to go to the gym with the gnarly cough I was dealing with.

I find it interesting though that the notification started with “recently you (did xyz) X times…” and it isn’t even a rolling average, but randomly what I did two months ago. I have had challenges in the past that seemed more aligned with the trends (up and down arrows) in the fitness app though.

And I’m pretty sure that I’ve mentioned it before but I agree with the general sentiment around here that the monthly challenges have gotten dramatically easier. I feel like mine used to ramp up in difficulty until I would get one that would require me to be nearly perfect to complete, and I wouldn’t get a reasonable challenge for at least another month or two after that. I personally didn’t mind it - I would choose when I felt it was too much to push for and ignore it until I got something manageable again. It didn’t bother me as I’m not an obsessive badge chaser and wouldn’t get too bent if I didn’t feel like I could complete one.

I suppose Apple can’t please everyone.
I sure remember the times when your goal was consistently increasing but somewhere around 5-10%, be it more calories burnt or minutes or distance, and it was like that for several years. Back then I enjoyed getting the "close all your rings 31 times" cause that was easy for me ;). We had plenty discussions about no rest days etc ...
Now the challenges are, well, not really challenges anymore, for me at least, getting 14 times calories/minutes/distance for the past almost 2 years ...
I really don't care about he badges, except, the "longest move streak", that's the one I want to increase every day ...

BenAigen

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
I sure remember the times when your goal was consistently increasing but somewhere around 5-10%, be it more calories burnt or minutes or distance, and it was like that for several years. Back then I enjoyed getting the "close all your rings 31 times" cause that was easy for me ;). We had plenty discussions about no rest days etc ...
Now the challenges are, well, not really challenges anymore, for me at least, getting 14 times calories/minutes/distance for the past almost 2 years ...
I really don't care about he badges, except, the "longest move streak", that's the one I want to increase every day...

Ah the good old days :) I remember it well, when we had a full monthly challenge (every day of the month) and had to work hard for your badge. Today is just so easy for me;) covering mostly 14 days and I don't have to work hard at all to complete the so called challenge. Maybe one day, they will bring the full monthly challenge back:).

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
As part of my global digital detox, I stopped wearing my Apple Watch about 2 weeks ago.
I didn't trust its data anymore, I am motivated enough to do my daily workouts and for challenges, I now just listen to my body.
Just dropping in to wish you all good luck with meeting your goals !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.