Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Ah the good old days :) I remember it well, when we had a full monthly challenge (every day of the month) and had to work hard for your badge. Today is just so easy for me;) covering mostly 14 days and I don't have to work hard at all to complete the so called challenge. Maybe one day, they will bring the full monthly challenge back:).
I think both are too simplistic. I'm hoping that with Apple's recent push to hire AI talent, that they'll put some of those resources on the health app. If I hired a personal trainer, the first thing he or she would ask is to ask about my goals. Am I training to run a marathon next fall, or do I just want to do enough exercise to lower my risk of a cardiovascular event? The health app knows my age and the sensors enable it to ascertain my current level of fitness, and I can imagine a progress bar that charts my fitness level over time as I get closer to achieving my goal (or my lack of progress should I slack off). Challenges should be calibrated to motivate me to attain and then maintain that level of fitness, rather than a blind insatiable attempt to push me to do a little more (or in the old days a lot more) than I did last month.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Agree that the challenges are anything but now.
Over the last month I’m averaging 2 hours 16 minutes of exercise per day. That’s a pretty consistent graph as well. Not much variation.
Then this months challenge is 112 minutes a day for 14 days.
So literally lower than my average for half a month.

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
I never got to experience the original more challenging tasks like you all are talking about...
Yes I did own an AW since the S2 was released but back then I was hardly able to even move or walk at all hence why I never bothered to activate the Activity mode so that's why I never got to see them what they were like.
Then I completely forgot about all together and it was only when I bought my S8 and came back to the forums you guys reminded me of the Activity stuff :)

Kaylor

Contributor
Oct 18, 2011
Long Island, NY/Houston, TX
I almost feel insulted.. but at least it’s my favorite color.
IMG_8682.jpeg

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Congrats & thanks for the heads up for the World Meditation Day Challenge!
Is that a new one or has that appeared before?
first time

chriswhv6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2015
Reactions: webbuzz and jz0309
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.