Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
iGary said:
Just so everyone knows, each widget uses about 20MB of RAM according to my AM.

That seems a bit on the excessive side, doesn't it? You have 10 widgets and you eat up 200 Megs?!?!?

Better hope to have well over a gig in your machines to run things smoothly....

D

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
Yay... now I have to go buy a REAL rubix cube, cause this one is frustrating.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 235

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mr. Anderson said:
That seems a bit on the excessive side, doesn't it? You have 10 widgets and you eat up 200 Megs?!?!?

Better hope to have well over a gig in your machines to run things smoothly....

D

Sorry, anywhere from 5 to 16 in reality. Don't know where I got that 20 number from. Too much wine last night.
;)

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
iGary said:
Sorry, anywhere from 5 to 16 in reality. Don't know where I got that 20 number from. Too much wine last night.
;)
That's still quite a lot.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 250

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Mr. Anderson said:
I see many of you have the translator widget - how often do you actually think you'll be using it?
I've got a couple of contacts on my Adium buddy list who live overseas – it's quite useful for decoding some of their usernames. ;)

Anyway, here's my contribution...

... a little empty at the moment I know – I suppose I'll just have to hunt down a few more useful Widgets.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
SteveC said:
Is that weather widget the same one that comes standard from Apple? Why is yours blue and some others are purple? Is the color customizable? :)

What is yours set on, or did you modify it?

Yeah like someone else said, I think it is blue during the day and purple at night...So no way that I saw to customize the color.

When I first started it up it had already put in the St. Louis for the city for me automatically, but I was getting no weather updates. I had to actually put in my zip code for any data to show up.

MacPhreak

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
Lexington, KY
Jaffa Cake said:
I've got a couple of contacts on my Adium buddy list who live overseas – it's quite useful for decoding some of their usernames. ;)

Anyway, here's my contribution...

... a little empty at the moment I know – I suppose I'll just have to hunt down a few more useful Widgets.

oooohhhhh...I like your desktop picture. Where would one find that picture if one were to go looking for it?? :)

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
MacPhreak said:
oooohhhhh...I like your desktop picture. Where would one find that picture if one were to go looking for it?? :)

There are some pretty slick additions to Apple's selection of desktop wallpapers. Check them out in your system prefs. I like the B&W section the most.

MacPhreak

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
Lexington, KY
Muskie said:
There are some pretty slick additions to Apple's selection of desktop wallpapers. Check them out in your system prefs. I like the B&W section the most.

I don't have Tiger yet :eek:

I had problems with my 10.3.0 install going on to a couple of machines (both needed video updates released w/10.3.2 to display anything), so I'm waiting for 10.4.1 this time around.

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
yeah now i wish i had Tiger so that i could use the shipment tracker widget to track when my order of Tiger gets here.

wait...

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Here's mine. It will take a while until I work out which widgets I need or want, but these seem good as a starter.

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 264

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I would love to post my Dashboard here...but I can't right now since I'm not at my Mac. I'll try to do it when I return to it...if I remember, that is.

andrewfee

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2004

Just a bit annoyed that they don't all work in the UK. The translator one wouldn't even work until I added back "English" into international preferences. (I disabled it and only had "British English" enabled)

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
Does anyone know if there is a phonebook widget for white pages? I really like the yellow pages one that comes with Dashboard; it searches Da Plus which is pretty good.

Is there a widget out there that searches Da Plus whitepages? Does somebody who has the skill want to make one?

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
This is my Dashboard

By the way I really like dashboard.
Ps Really like the rubix cube I pm'd you about it Muskie.
:)

Attachments

• Dashboard Widgets.jpg
    Dashboard Widgets.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 158
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.