Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
IDANNY said:
By the way I really like dashboard.
Ps Really like the rubix cube I pm'd you about it Muskie.
:)

You!, You've got the same configuration as my PowerBook, how does Tiger run on it? (ie. ripple effect, speed increase, games) Despite why my sig says, i still do not have Tiger, on its way from the up-to-date program, Apple says it's already been shipped. :D

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
840quadra said:
My first and only setup so far.. I like the world clock, and I have yet to find anything else I like for the DB besides Weather and radar.. I need to explore more options I guess :D .

maydoc.jpg

I tried having more than two clocks in there, but only two are synchronous. As soon as you drop the third one in the the second hands are off. This is just really annoying to look at. :(

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Diatribe said:
I tried having more than two clocks in there, but only two are synchronous. As soon as you drop the third one in the the second hands are off. This is just really annoying to look at. :(

Mine goes out of line when I first opened the clocks, but after I rebooted all of the second hands were in sync.

Ever since that point they have been on the same second.

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Interesting...

FadeToBlack said:
benjamindaines said:
Flying Llama said:
Hmm... What's that green hard-drive-looking icon in the menubar? :confused:
Thats SMART status it checks your hard drive for failure
Yep, it's an app called SmartReporter. You can get it on Version Tracker.

Hmm, seems interesting... but about how often do hard drives report a failing status? If they do pretty often i'm definately using this, but if they don't I don't think it's worth the menubar space an RAM...
In all my years I've never encountered an internal one, but maybe I was just lucky!

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Flying Llama said:
Hmm, seems interesting... but about how often do hard drives report a failing status? If they do pretty often i'm definately using this, but if they don't I don't think it's worth the menubar space an RAM...
In all my years I've never encountered an internal one, but maybe I was just lucky!

I'm not really sure how often they'll report if they are failing, but I'm taking the precaution, anyway.

clykins90

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
bored

i was really bored for the past 5 min :D

Attachments

• Stickies!.jpg
    Stickies!.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 143

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
i actually get use out of all of these. it's nice. the myYahoo has the ability to pull RSS, so it's a nice little RSS/mail notifyer.

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 169

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
benjamindaines said:
Where did you get the ical widget

All my extra widgets were found at the Apple website, and probably all future ones will too. to me it acts as a sort of filter for security and quality. i'm assuming Apple won't let any faulty or insecure widgets out there, and i feel like they'll look better too.

... but you can find the iCal widget here: http://www.benkazez.com/icalevents.php

TreeHugger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
page0_blog_entry90_1.png

Here's my dashboard. all widgets gotten off of apple's site. Made modification to the weather widget so that its constantly up to date. Made changes to the worldbook day in history so that the link takes me to wikipedia.org and hacked the world clock to show my local cities (unfortunately that got lost or reset with 10.4.1 and I haven't felt motivated enough to do it again... :))

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Puckhead -- LOL, the NHL lockout timer. Nice. :D I think I'm obsessed with widgets too. I think I need some kind of control in the back of my mind to tell me that using the amount of memory a widget needs to have an uptime timer is not a good use of resources! :D But then again, after initial stability issues with Tiger, I started keeping Terminal running, and to be honest, it hasn't been that useful except for checking uptime. Because as soon as I started keeping terminal going in the background, my computer stopped locking up! :eek:

Treehugger, which doppler widget is that? Is it the KM-USDoppler one? If so, does it ever "forget" which region you're in? I can't tell if you're in NE or MW right now, but when I tried that widget, I really liked it, except that it kept reverting to NE.... Maybe I need to give it another try. Its maps are an improvement over the standard US Doppler (which I use now).

TreeHugger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Treehugger, which doppler widget is that? Is it the KM-USDoppler one? If so, does it ever "forget" which region you're in? I can't tell if you're in NE or MW right now, but when I tried that widget, I really liked it, except that it kept reverting to NE.... Maybe I need to give it another try. Its maps are an improvement over the standard US Doppler (which I use now).

I use the US Weather Plus 4.0 Widget. Works great. Haven't noticed it forgetting anything, but then again, I'm east coast. so if it would forget I wouldn't notice because thats where I have it anyway.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
TreeHugger said:
I use the US Weather Plus 4.0 Widget. Works great. Haven't noticed it forgetting anything, but then again, I'm east coast. so if it would forget I wouldn't notice because thats where I have it anyway.

Sweet! Thanks! :) The issue I noticed was only with the KM widget for some reason. And this one seems a lot better! :D The only really cool thing about KM was that you could click on the doppler map to get a hi-res one (maybe 640x480-ish) in the widget itself. Actually, it seems that you can get the hi-res map in this widget in your browser by clicking. Nice. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.