Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

any yellowing issue on your led?

• NO the machine is perfect

Votes: 87 71.9%
  • YES i have the yellowing issue

Votes: 34 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I think by now, we ALL know cybergypsy has the best MBP and screen on this board. Also, CG got a free upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4. In case you already didn't know ;)

rofl. He's not gloating or anything - he's just proof that not all mbp screens are messed up.

But rumor has it that his screen was handpicked by Steve Jobs himself, who delivered it personally to somewhere in China after picking it up at the LG plant hahaha.

I tell ya, his screen is whiter than snow in winter lmao

just kidding CG I'm not trying to make fun of you

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
rofl. He's not gloating or anything - he's just proof that not all mbp screens are messed up.

But rumor has it that his screen was handpicked by Steve Jobs himself, who delivered it personally to somewhere in China after picking it up at the LG plant hahaha.

I tell ya, his screen is whiter than snow in winter lmao

just kidding CG I'm not trying to make fun of you

lol...ya well, I'm just jealous. :D

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
lol...ya well, I'm just jealous. :D

Im not jealous. Although I'd love to see some pictures CG to judge how perfect it really is.

I consider my screen pretty perfect. So perfect that I didn't go back to the apple store to exchange it!

galder

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
I first got a Samsung with slight yellowing and definitely darker bottom square on the test image. I returned it and now I have a perfect LG, just some slight backlight-bleeding on the top and bottom (Samsung only at the top). The two white squares are now perfectly similar (the bottom is a slight hint darker).

Wonder if my new machine gets hotter though.

Avenger23

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Clovis, NM
I have a 2.4Ghz MBP that I received as a replacement machine for a dead 2.16Ghz MBP from Apple and I have no issues with the yellowing screen and the lid closes properly. Sorry for those out there who have a problem with their machines.

crazyiez

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2007
my screen is a okay. i didnt know how to exactly use those pictures but i think i had the general idea. no yellowing issue. but that damm dead pixel... at least its not as bad as it was when i first noticed it.

matt l

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2007
I first got a Samsung with slight yellowing and definitely darker bottom square on the test image. I returned it and now I have a perfect LG, just some slight backlight-bleeding on the top and bottom (Samsung only at the top). The two white squares are now perfectly similar (the bottom is a slight hint darker).

Wonder if my new machine gets hotter though.

was your samusing glossy or matt and what was your cpu speed?

other

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2005
I voted "no", but I did have a MBP with a yellowing (Samsung) screen before. I've had three LG screens now, and none of them have been yellow towards the bottom. After having a Samsung screen, I can say that as soon as I booted this MBP up, I was relieved to see it had a LG screen (it's really obvious against the gray background that shows up when you boot up).

pvandamm

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2007
NY, NY
LG here. No yellowing. No dead pixels. No uneven display. Very bright and crisp. After calibration color is even better than on my Sony Vaio. Viewing angle, not too much but almost equal to my Vaio.

P.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
Samsung glossy...fw34...light 1/3 yellow tit...really light and unven lid when closed...not sure what i will do.

can you share you calib set up please?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
LG here. No yellowing. No dead pixels. No uneven display. Very bright and crisp. After calibration color is even better than on my Sony Vaio. Viewing angle, not too much but almost equal to my Vaio.
What Vaio is that? Cause theres one Vaio FZ11S that has a tremendous display or are u talking about the FZ11N?

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2007
My entire screen is messed up depending on the angle I view it at. No offense to those that have a real defect, but I have to wonder how much of this problem is due to viewing angle. One of my pet peeves with the MBP is that the screen does not tilt back far enough to achieve the proper viewing angle in my typical use of the laptop. I suspect this is what people are experiencing more than a defect in the display.

/V\acpower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
My entire screen is messed up depending on the angle I view it at. No offense to those that have a real defect, but I have to wonder how much of this problem is due to viewing angle. One of my pet peeves with the MBP is that the screen does not tilt back far enough to achieve the proper viewing angle in my typical use of the laptop. I suspect this is what people are experiencing more than a defect in the display.

I've had two defective screen on my MBP (a MBP replacement is in the way), and I can say that it is not caused by viewing angle. From any angle, the bottom square is darker and "warmer" than the one at the top.

Anyway, when using the MBP on a desk or table, the screen does tilt more than it is needed to be in the proper viewing angle. It may be a little short when using it on your lap, but on a desk its really not a problem

ctsport1234

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2005
I am not sure if iam seeing things right but i don't seem to notice any difference between the top box and the bottom box. I have a 17'' high res glossy mbp

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I am not sure if iam seeing things right but i don't seem to notice any difference between the top box and the bottom box. I have a 17'' high res glossy mbp
17" ΜBPro doesn't have led display so there is no problem there!

aliquis-

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
So did I. ;) (Four returns - only one with the yellow screen...).

Why all the returns then?

It's not weird they are so expensive ..

I voted "no", but I did have a MBP with a yellowing (Samsung) screen before. I've had three LG screens now, and none of them have been yellow towards the bottom. After having a Samsung screen, I can say that as soon as I booted this MBP up, I was relieved to see it had a LG screen (it's really obvious against the gray background that shows up when you boot up).

Why have you had three LGs?

enklined

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Earth
I first got a Samsung with slight yellowing and definitely darker bottom square on the test image. I returned it and now I have a perfect LG, just some slight backlight-bleeding on the top and bottom.

Same. The backlight bleeding isn't very noticable at all - I'm content.

Just wondering now if I could have gotten by with my girlfriends HP dv6000 WinVista machine for school until January 08 for the new Penryn Procs/redesign...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.