Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samotivad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2021
Hello,

I'm looking for some recommendations. I need a media player that can play two different movie files simultaneously, whether that be playing them side by side horizontally or vertically, one above the other. The purpose is to compare the quality of rendered video files so that I can decide what compression I want to use for projects. It needs to be simultaneous rather than me opening two Quicktimes and arranging them that way (not practical for the volume of work I do and the amount of detail I'm looking at).

VLC is meant to be able to do it but that function currently doesn't work (it opens two of the same video rather than the two separate videos I set). A program called Keyframe Pro does exactly what I want but it's also quite expensive. I don't mind paying but Keyframe Pro has a lot of functionality I'll never use, so $79 is a lot for what I'll use it for.

This is an image of Keyframe Pro just so you can see the functionality I'm describing:
Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 03.35.06.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.