Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mich43l777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2020
Hi.
Is it possibile to migrate all my Google data like Google photos and YT videos to iCloud online, without downloading it first and uploading it?
My internet connection is aroud 7-15 max. It takes ages to download it first.

I want to get over with spy Google as I did with Facebook (and their apps). I can't delete account with 30 000 photos and lots of videos on YT.
I belive there is an online solution to this.

Help would be great.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Considering Google and Apple are rival companies, such “online” solution may not really exist without a middle man. Also, the data we are moving between aren’t Apple music playlist, but actual user data. Whoever doing this must also bear the risk of privacy concerns.

Me personally would not trust Google or Apple will make sure the data integrity is guaranteed while they move between those data centers to be honest.

Olivia601

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2021
Hi.
Is it possibile to migrate all my Google data like Google photos and YT videos to iCloud online, without downloading it first and uploading it?
My internet connection is aroud 7-15 max. It takes ages to download it first.

I want to get over with spy Google as I did with Facebook (and their apps). I can't delete account with 30 000 photos and lots of videos on YT.
I belive there is an online solution to this.

Help would be great.
Another point for pCloud (I'm not here to advertise, just an opinion). I made a full backup of my Google account. They also offer backing up from Dropbox, OneDrive, and Facebook. I did it some time ago and had no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.