Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midwestfisherma

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
S.E. Mich
I ordered the following cases from Amazon. Both cases are exactly the same despite being branded differently. Unfortunately both cases has the exact same problem and I returned them. The problem is the lower left of the case does not snap onto the iPad well and as a result pops off easily.

Pad Mini 4 Case, EasyAcc Ultra Slim Cover Smart Leather Case for New iPad Mini 4 (Top Premium PU Leather, Folded Cover Design, Black)

iPad mini 4 case, OMOTON® the Thinnest and Lightest PU Leather Case Cover with [Auto Sleep/Wake Feature] [Scratch-Resistant Lining] for Apple iPad mini 4 (Not fit for iPad Mini 1/2/3), Navy Blue

Last edited:

masotime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Hmmm... any news of an origami-style cover like the Moshi Versacover and/or a standalone transparent back?

Cirlonde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
Well, I finally gave up on waiting for a thin, light rubber case that was compatible with the iPad Smart Cover to be released. So...for $9.99, I ordered this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015RN8THK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00. Then performed some very careful surgery on it.

Fortunately, the Smart Cover magnets were able to connect through the rubber; at least enough so that I was able to use a black sharpie to mark where to make my cuts. I used scissors and a box knife to carefully cut away a narrow strip from the left side of the cover. And now I have exactly the set up I want. :)

IMG_4483.JPG IMG_4484.JPG

Reactions: masotime

masotime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Very nice! I'm actually quite happy there's a clear case at all, but "performing surgery" definitely sounds like an interesting option.

Well, I finally gave up on waiting for a thin, light rubber case that was compatible with the iPad Smart Cover to be released. So...for $9.99, I ordered this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015RN8THK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00. Then performed some very careful surgery on it.

Fortunately, the Smart Cover magnets were able to connect through the rubber; at least enough so that I was able to use a black sharpie to mark where to make my cuts. I used scissors and a box knife to carefully cut away a narrow strip from the left side of the cover. And now I have exactly the set up I want. :)

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
I recently purchased an Anker glass screen protector for my iPhone 6s and really like it; I've been waiting patiently for them to develop one for the iPad mini 4 but no sign as yet - any idea how long they typically take? I've emailed them but never received a response.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I recently purchased an Anker glass screen protector for my iPhone 6s and really like it; I've been waiting patiently for them to develop one for the iPad mini 4 but no sign as yet - any idea how long they typically take? I've emailed them but never received a response.
maybe ask in a screen protector thread, or make one. this is a case/cover thread.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011

View attachment 594589 View attachment 594588

How is this holding up? Still what you want?? I just got the gold 4 and want to showcase the back.

Cirlonde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
How is this holding up? Still what you want?? I just got the gold 4 and want to showcase the back.

I am loving it!! It's exactly what I was looking for (after cutting off the side bit so that the smart cover would work with it). The rubber feel helps very much with grip and makes me feel a lot "safer" carrying the iPad around with me everywhere I go but it doesn't add significant bulk. It also keeps the iPad from sliding around on a slick surface or skin...for example, I can hold it at a 45 degree angle on the palm of my hand without the iPad falling (if that makes sense). Another thing I liked about this case is that (on mine at last) there are no rough seams or edges, so it's comfortable to hold. If you're looking for a clear, soft rubber back then I highly recommend it.

I do want to point out that the volume buttons and the power button are exposed with this case. I prefer it that way, but I know some people want their buttons covered. So just something to be aware of if you have a preference.

If you've got any other specific questions about it that I haven't addressed, please ask! I'm happy to provide whatever info I can.

Davoodm

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,
I've purchased the moshi versecover, it's perfect but the front cover only sticks to the bottom of screen :( is it my ipad's problem which has just bottom magnets? :/
Thanks

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I bought this one and it just arrived today:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121820550644...49&var=420814515108&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It's Great! Just like the leather smart case Apple use to offer but no longer does for the mini 4.

No Apple Logo, but who cares?

Also just received some iPhone 6S Plus leather cases, which are a perfect replica, for $6 a pop.

Chinese knockoffs finally worth buying, after a year of crappy Apple Watch knockoff accessories.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121820550644...49&var=420814515108&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It's Great! Just like the leather smart case Apple use to offer but no longer does for the mini 4.

Also just received some iPhone 6S Plus leather cases, which are a perfect replica, for $6 a pop.

Chinese knockoffs finally worth buying, after a year of crappy Apple Watch knockoff accessories.

Can you share some pics of the case, both on and off please? I have one of these cases for the Air 2 and they are great for the money and actually were slimmer than the official case.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Can you share some pics of the case, both on and off please? I have one of these cases for the Air 2 and they are great for the money and actually were slimmer than the official case.
It looks exactly like the pictures in the listing. I can post some pictures later when I have time if you really need them.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
It's just good to see the case on the device as they don't always fit or look as well as in the listings.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Thanks for the pics, looks identical fit to my Air 2 case. I'm assuming you are very happy with it?

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008

Wow, that is really inexpensive for a leather case. How did they do it? Does it feel like real leather? Also, does the cover has strong magnets so that if you fold it behind the case, it sticks and not flap around?

Thanks for the photos.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Thanks for the pics, looks identical fit to my Air 2 case. I'm assuming you are very happy with it?

Yup, very happy with it.

Only non-issue is that it must have been shipped alongside some sort of cleaner, as it smells like a lemon lysol wipe. I'm sure that will fade with time :)
[doublepost=1452445014][/doublepost]
Wow, that is really inexpensive for a leather case. How did they do it? Does it feel like real leather? Also, does the cover has strong magnets so that if you fold it behind the case, it sticks and not flap around?

Thanks for the photos.
I'm not sure that it is real leather, but for the price and fit, it doesn't matter to me. No the magnets do not hold onto the back. I think the apple case has a magnet inside the back of the actual case.

Wish I had bought this before I shelled out $100 for the Official silicone case and cover, which attracts lint like no tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I bought this as temporary to Devicewear releasing a new Ridge.

I would NOT recommend the Devicewear Ridge any more.

I've had this since November, and have a major issue just this week...

Two corners have broken away from the case, and it has never been dropped.

DWR2_zpsploqgwme.jpg

DWR1_zps6fuyxb4k.jpg

Too bad. Was a great case in the past. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.