Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
In two months, you might be regretting this purchase.
Not for the reason you gave but OS16 is needing an M1 chip to deliver all functions.
I have a Mini and love it but if the new OS if going to mean a 12 month old device can't run the latest OS properly, there was something wrong last year ;(

Would still love a little Apple Magic Folio keyboard for it.
Yes it would be somewhat cramped but it would be soooooo portable and easier to type on.
If they added a second power/keyboard connector and suitable magnets you could even turn it 90 degrees and have a small portrait device for writing documents. ;)

Is there someone in particular you are addressing this comment to? Or is this a general comment to all who've posted here in this thread?

wbeasley

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2007
Is there someone in particular you are addressing this comment to? Or is this a general comment to all who've posted here in this thread?
general comment to anyone thinking about buying a Mini now including the original poster.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
...with the removal of the headphone jack it’s quite a hassle to listen to wired headphones. All those 3.5mm and lightning earbuds are useless now. I dug around my drawer and found a usb-c to usb-a dongle which I then daisy chain with a usb-a to 3.5mm. It looks very elegant with 3 different colored dongles plus earbuds.
Most USB-C/headphone adapters have a DAC which means that music will sound better.

New cables aren't particularly expensive, treat yourself.

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
general comment to anyone thinking about buying a Mini now including the original poster.

fair reply. Chances are my wants and needs are unique vs most users.

Truth be told, If the apps I needed would run correctly, I'd be happy to be running my iPad Mini 6 with iOS 6. My personal preferences of course here, but the aesthetics on iOS 6 were awesome. I think the only thing that could top that for me would be a functional Mac OS 9 Platinum theme for my Mini 6.

wbeasley

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2007
fair reply. Chances are my wants and needs are unique vs most users.

Truth be told, If the apps I needed would run correctly, I'd be happy to be running my iPad Mini 6 with iOS 6. My personal preferences of course here, but the aesthetics on iOS 6 were awesome. I think the only thing that could top that for me would be a functional Mac OS 9 Platinum theme for my Mini 6.
had to dig up images of those...

for the computing power at the time, they were good.

and we've had a few fingers in the UI pie since then.
skeumorphic --> transparent/glossy --> flat... and the move away from too flat.
i like a button that looks like a button and you dont have to hover to work it out. :)

and Jony Ive kept making fonts thinner and thinner. thankfully we've moved back to readable again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.