Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ozz1018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
Transferred hundreds of folders to iCloud a month ago but all the folders are EMPTY. No documents in the folders on iCloud & no documents on computer! All gone! No I didn’t delete them. Am a reasonably proficient Mac user.

Apple support suggested they haven’t finished uploading yet but it’s been over a month. Then they gave me terrible advice that has now made my entire documents folder disappear from computer & now all I have are random empty folders on iCloud.

After 12 hrs iCloud is still trying to upload 500 GB of data to iCloud which I specifically said I did not want to do.

iCloud Drive has some serious problems folks. & the Apple geniuses don’t listen.

I want to abort the upload but will I lose all my files as the folders are empty? Anyone else have this issue?

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Transferred hundreds of folders to iCloud a month ago but all the folders are EMPTY. No documents in the folders on iCloud & no documents on computer! All gone! No I didn’t delete them. Am a reasonably proficient Mac user.

Apple support suggested they haven’t finished uploading yet but it’s been over a month. Then they gave me terrible advice that has now made my entire documents folder disappear from computer & now all I have are random empty folders on iCloud.

After 12 hrs iCloud is still trying to upload 500 GB of data to iCloud which I specifically said I did not want to do.

iCloud Drive has some serious problems folks. & the Apple geniuses don’t listen.

I want to abort the upload but will I lose all my files as the folders are empty? Anyone else have this issue?
If the folders are on a physical location on your computer, make sure you keep them there and back them up. This is why it’s always important to have a back up.

Unless your Internet is terribly slow or those files are just massive I don’t see it taking that long.

I’ve lost irreplaceable pictures because I didn’t verify that they transferred to iCloud before changing phones. It was a hard lesson for me so now I make sure I have a back up of anything important.

Reactions: 0128672

Ozz1018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2022
If the folders are on a physical location on your computer, make sure you keep them there and back them up. This is why it’s always important to have a back up.

Unless your Internet is terribly slow or those files are just massive I don’t see it taking that long.

I’ve lost irreplaceable pictures because I didn’t verify that they transferred to iCloud before changing phones. It was a hard lesson for me so now I make sure I have a back up of anything important.
your answer did not address the problem of the empty folders & missing documents in iCloud. This is a serious issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.