Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ant33t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
Does anyone have the link to download the GM?

I can't access it when logged in as developer.

Thanks.

Reactions: TimothyR734

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
Hi, how do you know that?

FUHlXvI.jpg

I simply used this script to fetch the GM
https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts

No "a" at the end of the version name in the OS, and no "a" at the end of bridgeOS firmware, it seems like this is the version that will be shipped.

Last edited:

TriBruin

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
11 is GM, GM is 11.

Not true. While this might be a GM candidate, it still has several Beta features including Feedback Assistant. In addition, while the installer is not called Install macOS Mojave Beta, the Installation screens reference it as beta.

(It is a weird hybrid, because the About... screen, does NOT list it as beta.)

I expect the true GM will be released early next week.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Not true. While this might be a GM candidate, it still has several Beta features including Feedback Assistant. In addition, while the installer is not called Install macOS Mojave Beta, the Installation screens reference it as beta.

If you click right next to 10-14 if gives you the build number

alkar

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
FUHlXvI.jpg

I simply used this script to fetch the GM
https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts

No "a" at the end of the version name in the OS, and no "a" at the end of bridgeOS firmware, it seems like this is the version that will be shipped.

I tried to update my 10.13.6 install using this script on my iMac Pro and somehow I get an error (macOS couldn't be installed) when choosing my HD.

Not sure why, I never used this script for other OS X though. Doesn't work either when I booted the install from an external HDD, says a software update is required to be able to use this HDD.. Really weird, but according to Google seems T2 related.

That being said, this makes me think the installer at least will be different.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I don’t know if it’s a GM or not, but when macOS is beta, usually the build number usually is constantly showing next to version in the About menu.

Release versions don’t show the build number until you click immediately to the right of the version.

Prior to the latest download it was constantly showing, but now it’s hidden and behaves like a release. Clicking reveals the build number, so that much has changed.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I don’t know if it’s a GM or not, but when macOS is beta, usually the build number usually is constantly showing next to version in the About menu.

Release versions don’t show the build number until you click immediately to the right of the version.

Prior to the latest download it was constantly showing, but now it’s hidden and behaves like a release. Clicking reveals the build number, so that much has changed.
I heard the GM comes out the 17th

Reactions: crjackson2134

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
On Apple's macOS site, it says available 9.24

https://www.apple.com/macos/what-is/

scroll down to the bottom of the page.
We will have a GM before the world wide release on the 24th
[doublepost=1536990830][/doublepost]A GM version of macOS 10.14 Mojave should be available as well next week to conclude the development cycle of Apple's next-generation operating system for its Mac computers. Until then, registered developers will have to install one more beta version that's available as we speak via OTA from softpedia after beta 11 was released

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
If Beta 11 wasn't a GM candidate, we would get the lousy ' your using a beta version of macOS' when trying to submit apps in Xcode to the App Store. I do not get that error using Beta 11 & Xcode GM. So I would consider beta 11 a GM Candidate or Release Candidate.

alkar

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
So the T2 issue is only if you never installed a beta of 10.14 on your Mac (which I never did).

But I managed to install the beta 11 straight without even going from b10 to b11 : I downloaded the beta 10 from the MAS, then replaced in the .app the SharedSupport folder from the b11 dmg that the script made.

Obviously the installer said beta since it was using the b10 executable, but it did write the b11 image and updated my 10.13.6 to the 18A389 build.

Indeed this build doesn't show any Beta related stuff, means that if Apple thinks this build is stable enough, they won't update it. That being said, Apple did in the past multiple GM that did not have the "a" or "b" build, so it's possible that even if this is a GM candidate, that the final build will be another one.

Anyway, the way OS X works should allow you to update it anyway, it will write the final InstallESD.dmg if there is indeed a newer one.

DaniloGeekDude

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2018
Everything comes out a little earlier mostly for developers I suppose, I have already iOS12 installed for example.

I realize that GM (Golden Master) is the stage prior to general/final release, which I assume is the 9.24 date indicated on Apple's website. I'm ready for it as my primary macOS!

Reactions: DuncanGarp

sumo.do

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2014
Australia

You'll find Feedback Assistant is always in Mac OS. Beta version or not. Feedback Assistant is not a 'beta feature'. Do a spotlight search on a non-beta running Mac. It's there. Always. Unlike iOS where it is removed. Also further to other comments made, the Mac OS name in About This Mac has Beta removed in 11.

11 is the GM candidate.

Although sometimes there have seen two GM candidates from memory. Or a 'last minute updated GM candidate'. Maybe 11 is Apple's 'I think we'll go with it unless we find a slightly better version in the next few days to replace it' GM candidate.

Other than that, there is nothing to suggest 11 is beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.