Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Definitely one for the watchlist. It might end up being a turd, but from what I've seen so far it's looking good. It's certainly worth a go.

Reactions: MacManiac76

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
I'll see it through at least the first few episodes. If nothing else, then only for Kurt Russell

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
When Apple announced a big price increase of Apple One Premiere that I'm subscribing to I think I'm gonna cancel it but I wait to see this first to see if I'm actually going to. Unfortunately after watching E1 I decided that yes, I'm going to cancel.
The production is impressive. There's things to look forward to that should be fun. But the casting is lazy (that hacker in Tokyo is just jarring). The script is lazy. This female being a heroine telling everyone to get out of a bus? In that situation I don't need anyone to tell me that. I'd run out quick.
Lazy storytelling like this is destroying entertainment industry and discourage people to go to movie theater or enjoying shows. I'd better save my money to buy or rent something I really want to watch instead of having this (bad script writings, token castings) shoving down my throat every week.
I'd rather re-watch Bad Sisters or Andor again and again than waste my time with this. Too bad since I like quite a few shows in ATV+.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I'm really liking this show :D
Are there parts of the show that has one thinking eh what!!!! Sure, it would be worse if I did the writing and etc...lol.
I will just watch it and get into it and that includes suspending belief.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I've really been looking forward to this one.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I expected you know—more monster time? According to reviewers, the series isn't centered on the Titans like a regular Monsterverse film. They're there, but limited at least in the first five episodes that were released to reviewers.

That just screams budget constraints to me. Do people watch King Kong and Godzilla for the human characters?

I'm going to stick with it, so I'm hoping for the best.

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
4th padded cell on the right
So far I’m enjoying it. I like that for now at least, they aren’t focusing on the monsters. The time jumps allow us to have an idea of how we got here.

I plan on continuing to tune in for now. My impatient side really wishes I could see the next installment now though.

Last edited:

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
I'm liking what I've seen so far but I can understand the viewpoints of a few people who have said that the back and forth between the two different eras can be hard to understand or keep up with. But my wife said that it reminded her of watching The Witcher on Netflix. Confusing at first but then you go "Ohhhhhh, I see what they did now!".

Story elements aside for right now, the characters (so far) are somewhat...stale? The 1950's characters are more interesting than the 2015 characters but hopefully, that evens out. I will say though that seeing Cate's reaction of the bus going off the Golden Gate Bridge with Godzilla screaming in her face...that was dope and I can totally see how that would induce PTSD.

Reactions: MacManiac76

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Apple cant or will never produce, make a worthy tv show or movie for creative viewing purposes,
because they need to stay within a creative parameter
were the plot will never exceed any new angle of creativity or be aspiring what so ever.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
this is all about the dollar, not talent.
Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 7.56.11 AM.png

Ever since summer blockbusters started becoming a thing in the 70's, it's ALWAYS been about the dollar. When a single studio can make almost $3 BILLION dollars off of one movie (or any IP for that matter), they're going to milk it for every dollar they can, including Godzilla and the Monsterverse.

I get that you want better talent on your tv but until studios decide that making money isn't their top priority (which it never will be), this is the best we can expect.

Reactions: MBAir2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.