Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
then again apple does not get box office receipts as James Cameron and their motion picture company since they are based on streaming months services since their revenue is subscription based.
apple knowing this can produce what ever they want, since there is no risk as james Cameron faces every keystroke he types.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
as a writer who cares about expanding a thought or scene and being original.
Then start writing that work that will do the do. Hopefully, it will be fantastic, you will make money, others with money will give you a deal where they will make money off of your work but you will get a chunk also. Yep, money has a lot to do with the process.
You are not alone in wanting more than the cookie cutter productions but those will always be 1 in a million. Okay, 1 in 500 but you gotta search for em. Heck, Monarch isn't all that bad.
Almost forgot to add, please don't fall into the rabbit hole of the cinema snob because their club is eh yuckie :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MBAir2010

Baseiseough

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2023
I never liked Godzilla or other monster movies. When I saw Kurt Russell was in Monarch, I decided to give it a try. I really enjoy the show so far. I'm even eager to see new episodes every Friday after watching For All Mankind. It's a really nice Friday night double feature! 😃

My dream Friday night double feature would be Severance 2 and Foundation 3 ! Now that would be cool!

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
I watched the whole season this week. Last time I binged a season that fast was many years ago. So I guess it was very fun. That back and forth in the timeline reminded me of Lost (you know, that awesome show with a weird bad ending).
I haven't seen any of the MonsterVerse movies, would those add to this story somehow?
I'm a bit surprised to see they didn't renew it for a second season yet, when Apple often renewed before the first episode was released.

iDaniel88

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2017
Norway
I watched the whole season this week. Last time I binged a season that fast was many years ago. So I guess it was very fun. That back and forth in the timeline reminded me of Lost (you know, that awesome show with a weird bad ending).
I haven't seen any of the MonsterVerse movies, would those add to this story somehow?
I'm a bit surprised to see they didn't renew it for a second season yet, when Apple often renewed before the first episode was released.

Absolutely. It expands on the history of Monarch as well as showing us more of the Hollow Earth universe - that I'm guessing we'll see more of in Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire.

Reactions: Diskutant

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Thanks @iDaniel88, any recommendations with which movies I should start?
With the Monsterverse, here is the watch order

1. Kong Skull Island (first scene of Monarch is directly tied to that movie)
  2. Godzilla (2014)
  3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (My personal favorite)
  4. Godzilla vs Kong
  5. Godzilla & Kong: New Empire (Comes out later this year)
Monarch did a good job of filling in some of the plot holes that were opened with the movies but the movies themselves provide the best overall picture of humans interacting with the Titans.

TheOldChevy

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Switzerland
I liked the show, but the last episode that was a bit "meehhh". It was like a quick wrap-up just to put things together before the end point, emotions a bit forced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.