Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
You can cancel a paid-in-full plan and get the unused portion back so there is really no difference from that perspective.

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
I haven’t considered buying AppleCare+ for my new IPhone 12 pro but this thread got me thinking. It’s an expensive phone and some peace of mind might be nice. But apparently lots has changed since I bought my last phone (iPhone XR) so I am a little lost...
So, just 2 dumb noob questions.

So, in theory during the 2 year span a total of 4 repairs are covered, 2 in each year... correct?

And if I understand this thread correctly I can buy 2 years of coverage up front and after those 2 years I could still add additional months of coverage with the monthly payment plan?

IphoneX9753

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2020
[QUOTE="Tb87Bln, post: 29113334, member: 1061363

So, in theory during the 2 year span a total of 4 repairs are covered, 2 in each year... correct?

And if I understand this thread correctly I can buy 2 years of coverage up front and after those 2 years I could still add additional months of coverage with the monthly payment plan?
[/QUOTE]

Yes that is correct in both. I chose the flat fee financed at 0% on Apple Card. Which breaks down to less than the monthly subscription...but like that if we keep these for longer than 2 years we can add the monthly coverage and extend. Brings some piece of mind in the long run. Plus if there is something mind blowing with next years models we can get a prorated refund.

Reactions: Tb87Bln

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Very true. I always go the 2 year option and pay it all up front but these posts had me thinking a bit. Guess you solidified my decision, lol
No problem, glad I could help. I also thought the monthly wasn't going to be bad, but I realized I was paying a lot more for it. I think monthly is good if you are buying it with the iPhone Upgrade Program but that's it.

buckethead

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008

not sure why I did not think of doing it like this! Currently chatting Apple to see if I can cel the monthly and do 2 years at 0% to save some $$. Brilliant.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Just covered both my new iPad and iPhone with the 2 year option. Monthly is appealing but it is way too expensive if you do the math.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I haven’t considered buying AppleCare+ for my new IPhone 12 pro but this thread got me thinking. It’s an expensive phone and some peace of mind might be nice. But apparently lots has changed since I bought my last phone (iPhone XR) so I am a little lost...
So, just 2 dumb noob questions.

AppleCare coverage is for 2 years from date of purchase and no longer. You're paying the plan cost over 2 years.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
AppleCare coverage is for 2 years from date of purchase and no longer. You're paying the plan cost over 2 years.

Not true. You can now extend it, whether you pay upfront or Monthly. If you pay monthly it’ll keep going until it’s cancelled. If you pay in full you can extend it after the 2 years is up by paying monthly.

niftychimp

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2023
Nope. It’s under your AppleID in subscriptions.
d0aac6cf4357a5091205b61c125d577c.jpg
is AppleCare+ charged via payment method in Apple ID used for iCloud or Media and Purchase?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.